Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mtl 10/16/10

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mtl 10/16/10

We ventured up to South Fork saturday. The weather report that I saw didn't say anything about wind. But it was windy and the water choppy. We only caught 6 dinky crappie and 1 dinky largemouth. Tried everything we could think of. Jigs w/nibbles, jigs wo/nibbles, minner w/nibbles, minner wo/nibbles, crankbaits, beetlespin, around trees, close to the bank, open water, in the coves, shallow & deep. Just couldn't make it happen. saw lots of shad in the coves but not much else. Didn't see anybody else catching either. We never have good luck catching crappie when it is windy.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear you didn't have any luck. we did pretty good 10-12' in 10-20' FOW. I hope you do better next time.

Post Thanks / Like

My none fish catch'n buddy and I are headed up in the morn, til saturday. Dang, I hope he catch's that fish. If not, we'll still have a blast anyway. Put'n in at 107, look for the CDC sticker on a Ford. A front's com'n in after this, the bite should be great. Good Luck to all. Lord, be on time.
    Last edited by Mark Twains Crappie Dan; 10-19-2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Cannon Dam has some pics of some nice fish being caught.
    HOOKED-FISHING.COM CDC PROUD SPONSOR
    B'n'M Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Crappie Baits Pro Staff
    Outdoor Writer