Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Only 1 Fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Only 1 Fish

Went out Wed. and only caught 1 fish. The scales show 1lb 15oz in the pic but the first time I weighed the fish it hit 2lb even. The river and laough were full of shad everwhere. Also I made a few condos out of cane to put in about 10 to 12 foot of water. Some people says cane hold smaller fish. If yall find this to be the norm I need to start making them out of something else. I put out some made of PVC Thur. but have never fished any made out of PVC. The depth finder did not show them either. Any info would be appreciated.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

those are some purdee boo blocks and oh what a nice 2 pounder..
    boo holds gooduns too if ya put it in the right place...

I have pulled several 2+ crappie out of my boo/cane

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSmitty View Post
    those are some purdee boo blocks and oh what a nice 2 pounder..
    boo holds gooduns too if ya put it in the right place...

I have pulled several 2+ crappie out of my boo/cane
    How old are the ones you fish?

Post Thanks / Like

whoa, that's a slab you got, I would love to catch one of those. There was a thread I was reading just recently that stated if you put a tin can on the pvc tree, it will show up on the DF, so guess if you could mark the boo tree with a can or something similar, should show up. Great slab tho.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

the boo on the graph was dropped back in april..but I have some 4-5 years in the water. i just drop a new bucket of boo when I cant locate it to freshen it up

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Boo in different depths hold different fish, and season and fishing pressure tells whether or not the big uns are there, or so is my understanding of the boo that I fish. My idea is to start with a shorter structure in about 8 or 10fow and drop one every so often out to 20fow. That way they just move from one to the next as they look for a different happy depth. If one is productive, move about a hundred feet or so to the side and set up another. Then if someone is camped out on your spot you have plan B. Keep in mind that sometimes they don't hold anything but most will hold some.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around