Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 10/16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 10/16

First time out since the tourney. Fished the outer trees on the main lake coves. Used minnows and jigged. Caught everything deep 15 down in 20 fow and 12 down in 15 fow. This is 9 of a limit (wife told me to stop putting fish on the counter) but caught 16 more. All fish were 10-12.5, only caught 2 short fish all day. They are feeding up for the winter, nice thick fillets.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Work so I can fish and fish so I can survive work.
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish Kevin way to get after them.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Those will taste great this winter! Excellent job.

Post Thanks / Like

good job kevin i should of followed you yesterday most of our fish were dinks

Post Thanks / Like

2nd time out since the tourney... the SPRING tourney. Beautiful late afternoon and evening on the lake. (You know that means I'm not going to brag about the fish I caught.) Tied up in a cove on the south side of the camp branch arm... just east of the power lines. (The one with all the rock on one side). Slip float with minnows, 4' down in 8'-10' of water. One short crappie and one dumb drum. Went up Owl creek past W... explored the stumps (found several) just cruised around with the trolling motor and took in the scenery. Beautiful sunset... didn't wet a line in that area.

Water Patrol active on main lake...Writing tickets for no lights after sunset. W parking lot full of park rangers when I got back.. 4 cars... don't know why. Watched a rollback tow truck load a white Lowe and trailer (no idea why)... Owners stood by and watched. So much for my evening on the lake.