Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smitvhille 10/15

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smitvhille 10/15

Since the lake has shut down access to Little Platte arm of the lake at the Old Trimble lake, I decided to head up the Camp Branch arm. I've never really though this part of the lake held any good fish. I've fished the brush piles, the marina, and under the W Bridge up there, only to get fish pushing the 9-10" limit. But yesterday, I went past my old spots that I fished a couple of years ago and was pleasantly surprised.

I fished the coves and arms around the W Bridge. The best bite was in water no deeper than 6' and in the trees. The more cluster of trees I came across, the better it held the fish. There weren't a ton of fish, but I did pull fish that were 12-14". Used the old Side Imaging to plot a course through the trees. Took me about 30 minutes to idle from the Power Lines to the W Bridge up the Camp Branch arm. Coming back, it took me less than 10 minutes following the course I saved on the GPS.

My next excursion will be to plot a course and find some fishing spots on the arm that head east, before you get to the W Bridge on the Camp Branch arm.

If anyone else has been out, I'd like to hear how you guys are doing. Post a report.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

good going, sometimes that new spot fishing is the real deal, I love the side scan for searching out new areas, congrats on the catch and many more to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Alex I havn't been out since tournment but I like fishing up camp in the spawn time,it seems to hold a bigger population of black crappie up that arm. I Have taken and seen some good ones out of that side.One day I hope to own a side imaging. Good luck with the job hunt!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Alex.. I'll be there this afternoon from about 3 until sundown...

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy trying different places to fish whether it is a different lake or parts of a lake I haven't tried, I usually find myself pleasantly surprised with the results and a new "go to spot" when my good spots aren't doing so well.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

fished under w bridge last night couple hours could not get a bite. went to mozingo this morning, pretty windy, one 13" and a bluegill all we caught.

Post Thanks / Like

wrs75 was you using jigs or minnows. Must have been a real bad day if you didnt catch any under the bridge.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

we used jigs and minnows last night, monday evening caught several under bridge but no big ones. does anyone know if you can launch off of o hwy? i may have the road wrong, if you go east out of grayson you could drive right into the lake, thinking about trying to put on there to get past refuge.

Post Thanks / Like

We fished about 4hours this AM after Burton's. Fished under W bridge caught 12 keepers. One 13". Minnows and chartrous jigs. Great weather.
    RHill KCNorth

Post Thanks / Like

you can put in at O but you better have alow riding trailor , you might have to back in a long way.
    Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast