Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is a good cheap single blade carry pocket knife?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is a good cheap single blade carry pocket knife?

I'm not a very good sharpner so would like one that keeps it's edge and I'm prone to lost ones too so don't want to spend a lot of money on it. Too much to ask?
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Buck or case, they have many models. I just bought an old Barlow 2 bladed pocket knife at a yard sale for 50 cents, but I have a mini buck single blade that I've had for years

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

The folding utility knives are cheap and when they dull you can pop in another razor blade. If you need a good strong and sharp traditional blade, I love the Kershaw's. They aren't exactly cheap but are very sharp and hold an edge well.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

I carry a Buck 327 and it's been a good knife, if you don't mind the "military" look on a knife. My only complaint with it is it's on the heavy side and the rubberized coating on the handle chips fairly easily, but it does keep it from slipping out while sitting.

Seems to hold it's edge in the fair range and it's fairly cheap at around $20 depending.

I noticed in this search there is a carbon handle version out now. I'd be interested to see how that one feels and handles.

Buck 327 - Google Product Search

I'm with Feelay though....ya can't beat a Kershaw blade. Not crazy about the Ken Onion designs though. Like you though...anything that costs over $40 gets lost in about 27 minutes. Buy a knife for $20 and you could throw it out the window while driving 94 miles per hour in rush hour traffic and the dang thing will be on your dresser in the morning somehow.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

I carry a case bone handle single blade trapper good carry knife very light weight and holds a good edge
    Don't spank your minnow

Post Thanks / Like

if you want a small knife, consider the mini swiss knife, has a sharp blade that holds an edge for me, a screwdriver and fold out/up sissors, maybe a toothpick and tweezers as well depending on model. The one I carry is 2" long before blade is extended. I don't like a large knife in my pocket, and have carried one of these for years.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    if you want a small knife, consider the mini swiss knife, has a sharp blade that holds an edge for me, a screwdriver and fold out/up sissors, maybe a toothpick and tweezers as well depending on model. The one I carry is 2" long before blade is extended. I don't like a large knife in my pocket, and have carried one of these for years.
    BINGO!

I've had everything from Rambo survival knives to Leatherman Supertools. THAT little Swiss Army knife you just describe is the one I NEVER leave home without. $10 @ Walmart or Target. I know other guys who carry that same model.

Classic SD
    Victorinox Swiss Army - MultiTools - Classic SD
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Best thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by backtocrappie View Post
    bingo!

I've had everything from rambo survival knives to leatherman supertools. That little swiss army knife you just describe is the one i never leave home without. $10 @ walmart or target. I know other guys who carry that same model.

Classic sd
    victorinox swiss army - multitools - classic sd

Post Thanks / Like

I like a Gerber knife.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I still tote a Case Sodbuster old style carbon steel knife but I'm pretty particular about it since everything is stainless now. I like the carbon steel blades best.:o
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast