Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ottawa Co SFL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ottawa Co SFL

Interesting day since Tommie Berger, the KDWP fisheries biologist was doing his fall netting at Ottawa County. Berger was happy with what he was seeing in the nets. Crappie doing very well with good numbers 10-12 inches and some bigger fish. He also said he found good numbers of Saugeyes up to 24 inches.
    Water was still muddy with about 2 inch visibility. Couple boat leaving as we put on did not do very well on the Crappies.
    We put 18 in the well with most 10-12 inchers. Niblets made the difference with 15 of the keepers. Black/Chrt. tubes and turdtails worked best. Never been a niblet fan but last couple trips, they made a difference.
    Here's a pic of Marvin with a Saugeye we caught. About a 21 incher. Released it to keep the Crappie population under control.

Post Thanks / Like

What du ya mean "never been a niblet fan" ????? Ya never once complained about me addin dem to your crown. OOOPS, just ma bee ya din't know. Great report & picture. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Never soaked em in CR before...added a few drops to the bottle and WOW. Keeps em moist and tasty.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob...you r outta control

Post Thanks / Like

I been hangin round Chatt too much this year. Been sacrificing little fish to catch bigguns...and now trying to tempt those bigguns with alcohol soaked bait. Bout to run out of Venison. Might have to get a crossbow but all my bowhunter friends think that's cheating. Might try to get one with a spear....now that's really primitive hunting!! There's Boone and Crockett for rifle hunters and Pope and Young for the archers...wonder who scores the speared ones?

Post Thanks / Like

the apaches

Post Thanks / Like

I looked it up on the internet. It's the Geronimo and Cochise system. The top G&C Buck scored 198 and it was non-typical.