Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville

anybody been fishing? hows the water? havnt heard anything in a couple weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Was going to try this Sunday...been a while
    Work so I can fish and fish so I can survive work.
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Deb and I put in at W bridge about 3 this afternoon fished around rock creek water was pretty stained bite was slow for us but that's the first time we ever fished their no keepers black and chartreuse seemed best also fished around the bridge several short fish their debbie caught a nice channel 19 in. And I hooked one that we didn't get to see bent the BnM double good fight for a minuet!Beautiful day to be out

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

Its been a month since I been fishing and now Hockey season is here! The fish might be safe untill spring time.
    Bass tracker PRO 17

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Sunday and caught 8 keepers. Saw Alex up the river. I Had 3 over 13 inchs rest were 10 11s. I caught them on those tubes you showed me rodney.
    Feel the thump, hear the drag.
    "GET IT IN THE BOAT"

Post Thanks / Like

Fished this evening got on the water about 5 put in at crows creek.. cleaned 22...8 crappie the rest white bass. crappie were caught in back of coves about 5-6 fow black/silver and blk/chart seemed the best did fish for them to long went chasing the white's

Post Thanks / Like

Fished this evening for about 4 hours, put in at the W bridge. I cleaned a limit of crappie, caught most of them in 5 - 8 FOW and 2' - 4' down. Ran into a couple of the boys and had some good conversation.

Birddogs54
    2005 Ranger 519 Yamaha 200

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Birddogs54 View Post
    Fished this evening for about 4 hours, put in at the W bridge. I cleaned a limit of crappie, caught most of them in 5 - 8 FOW and 2' - 4' down. Ran into a couple of the boys and had some good conversation.
    As usual BD you out fished me. I had 10 keepers. You did have an hour head start. I wish I was going again tomorrow. The weather is great and the fishin aint bad. I wish there was a easy way to get up river. need an air boat
    Last edited by KCcrappie; 10-07-2010 at 11:28 PM.
    Feel the thump, hear the drag.
    "GET IT IN THE BOAT"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KCcrappie View Post
    As usual BD you out fished me. I had 10 keepers. You did have an hour head start. I wish I was going again tomorrow. The weather is great and the fishin aint bad. I wish there was a easy way to get up river. need an air boat
    I tried a few new places today....looking for new honey holes and such. I still caught a limit of crappie; 1 13 3/4, 3 12+ and the rest were a mix match of lengths but they'll eat the same. I took Dad with me tonight....he really enjoys going and I enjoy being able to take him. He lost a nice one.... 13 plus. Maybe next time Dad....lol.

Birddogs54
    2005 Ranger 519 Yamaha 200

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see your still fishing Birddogs . Looks like fishing is getting ready to move to the main lake and camp branch area.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave