Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: hard wood condos

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up hard wood condos

i have a ton of hard wood tree trimmings from last spring seasoned real well do you guys think this an soom 5gal buckts concrete will make up some good condos.the lims are around 1-2.5 in around. let me no what you think?i figure them being natural will move crappie on them faster and already seasoned??? hopping this will help my strucher prob in the ponds with little money.i have wood,buckets,sand,rock,just need some concrete????
    easy,easy set the hook:)

Post Thanks / Like

You better be buying your concrete soon its been going up in price. Those should work just fine.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

TAE is right. Concrete will sometimes double when the warm weather arrives. Demand goes way up for the sack crete.

Although jigs will hang up more often in wood it is more environmentally responsible as it will eventually degrade.

Hope your branches are hardwood like oak. Cedar also works well. Untreated pine breaks down too quickly.

Keep your branches at least 10 inches apart out the outer edges.

Good Luck and Good Fishing
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Default branches

If you have a mud bottom you could try to push the branches in the mud, then you need no concrete, even cheaper, might cut an angle on one end and make beds that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks so far

great ideas guys knew you guys could give me a great plan i will do both any one have any other thoughts yell .by the way the lims are hicory,whiteoak,maple,redoak:D :D -i think the maple will do good early who knows??????????
    easy,easy set the hook:)