Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: B&M Poles

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default B&M Poles

Bought 4 new 16 footers last month on the way to Mississippi. The next day while Beagle and I were fishing, it set the hook on a 10" crappie and the tip broke about 18 inches down. It was a clean break. No splintering. And no, I was not trying to lift the fish in the boat. Well after I got home, one of the other poles tips was broken from the trip. This pole was disassembled and strapped down with rod savers. I took the second pole to a sporting goods shop and had a new eye glued on the tip since it wasn't broken too far down. I emailed B&M about this and asked if they have had any problem with the PST 16's since they just changed the style this year. I received a response today. They have instructed me to mail the broken tips to B&M to be replaced. Atleast they seem to want to make it right. I will post further when I mail them. Good customer service such as this is getting rare these days

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

They will work with you anyway possible to keep you happy. They stand by their products.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have heard lots of good things about their customer service and ability to return tip sections for replacements. I love my Prostaff trolling rods and my new Russ Bailey 10.5 ft dipping rods. I will be buying more rods from B'n'M.

Post Thanks / Like

I've broken three 16' tips one was a smash and two were clean circular breaks as you described. Let us know what you find out.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

I have an 8' and a 12' and I love them both. (No broken tips, yet!) Glad to hear they're running a stand-up business.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joedog View Post
    I have an 8' and a 12' and I love them both. (No broken tips, yet!) Glad to hear they're running a stand-up business.
    I hear ya Joe. I have several 10's and 12's and they are great poles. Been using them for years slow trolling and cranking. Never had a problem with the PST's until the 16's. Hope it's just a fluke

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

yes he did, I was there, and what SPECK did not tell you was the fish was 10in. between the eyes. not really, speck I delt with them a couple times , real nice folks, no problems at all.

Post Thanks / Like

You need good customer service when your rods break like b&m's......every one i have ever touched has broken and a great majority of the time it was no fault of mine.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default B&m

Have several B&M rods only broke one tip and that was my fault "climbing in the boatand got caught on the rod tip).
    Crappie Fishing- Lots of Run...Sun...Fun...Catch a Ton...Or Didn't Get None!

Post Thanks / Like

never had a bad product from B&M in 20 years... I'm not a spider rigger. I vertical jig

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast