Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got my first bow kill this morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I got my first bow kill this morning.

I made a trip yesterday evening and my 4 wheeler wouldn't work right, kept flashing the fuel injection light and the electric shift wouldn't work, so after fooling with it for a little while, i gave up and just drove the vehicle out there. When i got back in after dark, i looked at it some more and found that a rat had cut all 4 wires on the plug for the injector. Had to take all kind of stuff off the bike to get to it, finally got it back going and got home around 10.
    Got up early and headed out. About 8:45 this morning, I had a big doe with 2 yearlings with her. I didn't want to shoot a doe that is dropping twins, so I started looking at the yearlings. I could see buttons on one of their heads, so I chose to shoot the other one. The doe hung around for about 10 minutes before to run off, I have a pic of her while i was still in the stand. Not posting the pic of the one I killed because it may be considered kinda graphic for some of the kids to be seeing. The one I killed was a button buck also. I have never seen a doe that put out 2 buck yearlings, all I have ever seen was a buck and doe yearling when twins. We weighed it when I got back to the camp and it weighed 62lbs. Gonna make some good eating.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations JL72. Now send me a mess of backstrap. All kidding aside you have some fine eating there.
    Be as smart as you can, but it is always better to be wise than to be smart.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Johnny! Hope it's the first of many!
    Pete

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good way to start the season, with some good meat to eat. Better than a big old tough buck.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

congrats Johnny.....picture reminds me of my bow hunting days......got too hard climbing those trees so I went back to fishing....
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Johnny.....but be advised,bowhunting can be extremely addictive.I killed my first with the bow Oct-'92 and I been hooked since.I rarely hunt with a gun.
    Romans 6:23

Post Thanks / Like

Good job,a bow kill will get you hooked for life. I wish I was hunting, had to work all day. Had to cancel my vacation so I'll have to wait to do some bow hunting. Those young deer sure are tasty!!!!!!!!!!!
    A Bad Day of Fishing is Better Than a Good Day of Work!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the bow kill Johnny. That bow hunting is about as addictive as anything I have ever done. I wish I still had time for it. Maybe in a couple of years when I finish my PHD.
    The Lord is good. His mercy and love endures forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the comments.. I get more of a rush when I see them bow hunting compared to gun hunting.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Johnny, now that you got a deer, let's go to bundicks and chase some slabs!
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast