Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ 2nd week of Oct

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ 2nd week of Oct

Going to spend a week on the lake starting the 9th of Oct.
    Mainly go there for the white bass run, but that's my fun catchin fish. Crappie is my eatin' fish. I'll be on the Big Niangua, so my question is,,,, where can I expect the specs to be. Deep? Shallow? Dock? Coves? Points?

I usually have some decent spots that I fish in early to late spring, but never really fished for them on the lake in the fall.

Another question, will any of the Marinas be open for gas during the week? I've had problems in the past early spring.
    @lozcrappie

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to say where they'll be right now this has been an odd year with the water temp still just above 80 degrees in most main lake areas,i know i'll probably regret saying this later but we need some cooler weather to bring the wt down and move the fish to docks and shallower cover,some fish are moving in to cover but the vast majority of em are still out over deep open water,keep in mind i'm talking about the glaize and main lake stuff far away from the niangua but i'd guess it will be similiar until cooler weather moves in,keep an eye on the board i'll try to keep you updated as time gets closer.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, weather has been rather warm. 90+ today here in St. Lou.
    @lozcrappie

Post Thanks / Like

Bugs, you jinxed it good man. Keep the warmer water for now I say. That being said -- and I'm not a white bass fisherman -- but October is great at LOZ for crappie unless you get super-slammed with a cold front. Good luck. I'm be there twice in October, but not that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    Hard to say where they'll be right now this has been an odd year with the water temp still just above 80 degrees in most main lake areas,i know i'll probably regret saying this later but we need some cooler weather to bring the wt down and move the fish to docks and shallower cover,some fish are moving in to cover but the vast majority of em are still out over deep open water,keep in mind i'm talking about the glaize and main lake stuff far away from the niangua but i'd guess it will be similiar until cooler weather moves in,keep an eye on the board i'll try to keep you updated as time gets closer.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LOZcrappie View Post
    Bugs, you jinxed it good man. Keep the warmer water for now I say. That being said -- and I'm not a white bass fisherman -- but October is great at LOZ for crappie unless you get super-slammed with a cold front. Good luck. I'm be there twice in October, but not that weekend.
    I'm sure i did Scott....you do realize i'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but i'm beyond ready for the fish to move to the docks and if i have to eat my words later on then so be ityou are right in saying oct is a good month but nov and dec are even better months for me because the water temp is usually fairly stable which makes the fish predictable and once you have a pattern down you can work em over for several trips in a row before mother nature brings the dreaded ice back to the lake,once that happens its like damn we need some warm weather to get rid of this ice and turn the fish back on
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Bugman,

Just got back from LOZ. We have Condo aropund MM#12. Caught a lot of crappie -docks- around that
    area. Lot of small fish. Several 10", but a few larger. Mostly caught on road runners with niblets. Good
    fishing everyday.

Z21
    How's it going : One foot in the grave, one foot on a banana peel, twenty people pushing !!!