Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ef 9/20

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ef 9/20

Even with the classic going on, I decided to hit the lake from 7-1. From 7-8 I had about 10 solid keepers, then the bite shut down. Around 11:00 I hit a new spot, wanting to target channels or hybrids. I hit the back of a cove sitting in 3' of water and proceeded to catch at least 150 blacks with jig and cork, less than a foot deep. Several of them were nice keepers, but most were 8.75''. A few whites were mixed in, most being 10+. Nice day out on the lake with pretty good fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

We fished both days of the classic in 2fow or less, most fish coming 6 inches to a foot.Granted we did'nt win, or really do all that well, but we did catch plenty of fish,mostly your 8.75 blacks, with a few 10-11+ whites.
    Gotta love shallow water fishin.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report

Post Thanks / Like

I was at EF on Sat. Oct 3 I fished from 9 till an hour before dark and didnot catch nothing had bluegill knipping at the plastics I was using. I used blk chrt, electric chicken, bluewhite, and char, on 1/32,1/16,1/8 jig head tipped with different kinds of knibbles. That was the first time this year I left skunked, looks like its time for the minners. I fished the lower end of the lake. Water was graphing 72 degrees all day. In all that wind and colder air it was funny to see a jetski out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Got out yesterday and fought the wind for a few hours. Once again, the fish have moved from last week. The water temp on the main lake was still around 70-71. I found one place where temp was 61, but no fish. The fish I did catch were decent, but it was very slow. I caught almost every species of fish in the lake, except for a musky and carp. There were several duck hunters out building their blinds.