Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Water temp, onboard battery chargers, Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Water temp, onboard battery chargers, Boats

I have a 83' Charger 150 Evinrude XP its awesome I bought it from a guy who took care of his stuff!! How often should I check the lower unit on the engine its an '85 motor...it runs great planes out on the dime and pushes that charger along just great I just wanna keep it in good condition like the guy who had it bfore me. Next, I have it in storage right now until I move, so its kind of difficult to keep the batteries charged the storage doesnt have any electricity runnin' to it would an onboard battery charger work or does it need to be hooked up to an extension cord not sure how they work but they seem pretty handy too have. Now, to change the subject on fishing , The spring Crappie should start spawning in Feb?? if this crazy warm weather keeps up..I have seen mid 40's to upper fortys on several lakes I have been on and the crappie are getting aggresive...anyone seen any fifties on any lakes yet??

Post Thanks / Like

spring spawn in missouri is usually mid april to mid may. change the lower unit lube every year in the fall. take the batteries out of the boat and put them in the garage and put on a charger, then you will be ready to go. february is a good time to crappie fish, fish structure and good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Onboard Chargers require hook up to an extension cord.
    I can't say enough about them. Pull in the Garage and plug it in. They automatically turn off when charged. If you get one, don't skimp out on the number of outputs. If you have two batteries, get a two banker. Keep all your batteries happy.
    Standing in the Gap