Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Truman 9/15 Finally a 3# today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman 9/15 Finally a 3# today

Ranger397 and I decided to drop in some stake beds this am and then went to try some we had put in a couple months ago, and bam fish on, thought I had bumped a shad, then the weight was just so much I new better, so I hauled it in, and thinking I have snagged a shad, got to looking closer and this 2" crappie had hit my 2" jig and I had caught it in the lip, tells me one thing, just how big is too big of a bait for a crappie?? we did manger several just eaters off the stakes, go morning then mother nature ruined it with rain about 10 am..... got off just in time to eat breakfest, thanks Lenny for buying.............:o
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that is a monster. I caught a 6" crappie last summer on a 3" slab slayer tipped with a minnow. So they are not afraid of big meals. i passed Lenny on my way to the pain clinic. I thought maybe he switched jobs and was getting into landscaping.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeh we have been landscaping for about 6 months now,we don't get paid till later, I hope.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Leave to the master to hook one smaller then his jig

Name:  shot 9.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  19.2 KBName:  shot 5.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  19.5 KBDon't know what it looked like in the truck Jarred but this is what it looks like now Hope your back gets to feeling better. We weren't the only ones doing some brushing this morning, we left a card and a flier for him...:DName:  shot 4.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  19.5 KBName:  Stakebed and mossback.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  19.3 KBName:  shot 6.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  19.3 KB
    Last edited by Ranger397V; 09-15-2010 at 01:04 PM.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

It looked about like the second image nice and bushy. Great pics Lenny they should hold some fish. Lake should really be coming up with all the brush that has been put in the lake in the last 2 or 3 weeks. When guys are bringing it by the semi trailer load they are getting pretty serious about Nationals.

Post Thanks / Like

Well a fish cant see its tail. So it dont know how big it is. But it does know how hungry it is.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    It looked about like the second image nice and bushy. Great pics Lenny they should hold some fish. Lake should really be coming up with all the brush that has been put in the lake in the last 2 or 3 weeks. When guys are bringing it by the semi trailer load they are getting pretty serious about Nationals.
    Those are multiple spots, can't have too many. Once they are gone I hope to find some of them this winter
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

When we get Masters over with I would like a ride in your boat to see the structure scan in action.

Post Thanks / Like

Going to have to start using the side scan more often now.

Post Thanks / Like

That little guy has a big eye!!!! I am always glad to see them knowing they are there means good fishing in years to come. Lenny those are great pictures, guess I need to get with it and save some images to post on here. I am slow just downloaded the 3.5 update for the HDS units today and will install it tonight.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast