Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you catching?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What are you catching?

Is anyone catching fish now? Seems that their is not much talk about catching fish on this site. I'm sure things are slow since we are at the end (we hope) of the dog days of summer, but I was just wandering if anyone was putting any fish in the boat or have they shut down?

Post Thanks / Like

Default message about catching fish

Take a look at all the posts by jerkinlips on this site, and you will find even though it has been above 95 degrees in the past 2 and a half months. Jerkinlips has been putting plenty in the boat all summer long. They are still in the lake and willing to bite if you take the time to search them out. (Fish on!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerkinlips View Post
    Take a look at all the posts by jerkinlips on this site, and you will find even though it has been above 95 degrees in the past 2 and a half months. Jerkinlips has been putting plenty in the boat all summer long. They are still in the lake and willing to bite if you take the time to search them out. (Fish on!)
    You must have something figured out! It seems that you are able to catch around 10-20 per day even in this heat?
    Way to go!!

Post Thanks / Like

Caught 17 crappie, 4 stripers and 1 white perch this past Sunday. Things are starting to pick up. Site will have a lot more fishing posts in a couple weeks. i fish on the coastal rivers in NE N.C. and the heat caused a lot of bad water in the rivers this year. Scattered the fish out in the big waters of the Sounds. They are coming back now with the cooler nights.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiefarmer View Post
    Caught 17 crappie, 4 stripers and 1 white perch this past Sunday. Things are starting to pick up. Site will have a lot more fishing posts in a couple weeks. i fish on the coastal rivers in NE N.C. and the heat caused a lot of bad water in the rivers this year. Scattered the fish out in the big waters of the Sounds. They are coming back now with the cooler nights.CF

What do you mean by "bad water"?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Good Stuff View Post
    What do you mean by "bad water"?
    Low dissolved Oxygen content. We have a lot of swamps here in the east and that water has zero oxygen. When it gets really hot and dry, the creeks seem to take on the same characteristics as the swamp water that drains into them. We also have salt water encroachment and that is better water for fish but will push less tolerant fish like bass and brim further up the creeks and they will stay right on the borderline of fresh and salt water. If You know where the line is, You can load the boat on bass and brim. Black Crappie are more saltwater tolerant (which is what We have here. No white crappie). They will stay in the saltier water but they can't reproduce in it. The fry will die. So If You have a terrible drought in the eastern part of the state that lasts from fall through summer and the salt water has gone way up the rivers, You could lose a whole year class of crappie.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Gotcha!

Post Thanks / Like

Put 83 crappie in the boat today, I going to make a report here in a minute.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been catching crappie all Summer. Generally don't have a problem catching them at night unless the wind is blowing hard.

Darin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darin115 View Post
    I have been catching crappie all Summer. Generally don't have a problem catching them at night unless the wind is blowing hard.

Darin
    Yep. Caught 80, 60 and 100 the last three nightstalks on the Rock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast