Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman Advice - Sept 20-25

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Advice - Sept 20-25

I'm thinking about taking a few days off the week of Sept 20-25 and heading down to Truman. It's been a very long time since I've done any fall fishing and I'm not quite sure where to go and what pattern to try. I normally like to fish out of Bucksaw in the spring but I seldom get a chance to go any other time of the year. Can anyone give me any pointers? I would even consider bass or white bass fishing if they are hitting better than the crappie. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Only fished Truman on time in the spring sorry I cant help ya but wish you good luck

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been lately, but when I go I usually just burn a bunch of gas and watch others handle the catching part.....stay tuned after this Sunday, several folks are going down for a couples tournament and you should be able to pick up some info after that or better yet come on down to Bucksaw this Sunday and fish in it, its a great time, great people and a great way to learn more about fishing in the area.

Post Thanks / Like

MarknKC - Ok.. I will stay tuned and watch the threads. I can't make it this weekend but my better half doesn't fish anyway so I wouldn't make much of a couple by myself.

By the way.. it looks like we're neighbors. Where do you live in LS? I live in the north part near Blue Springs Lake.

Smitty 79 - I'll need the luck as my fishing skills are pretty rusty.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, we are about neighbors, I'm on the south side of Lee's Summit at Raintree Lake

Post Thanks / Like

From looking at some of the posts over the past week or so, it looks like the crappie have been fairly tough but perhaps starting to loosen up a little. I'm still thinking about heading down to Truman somewhere this coming week. I usaually fish Bucksaw but would be willing to try other areas as well. Anyone have any suggestions? Would I be better off bass or white bass fishing? Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

Bucksaw should be as good as any to start. Should be able to find them pretty easily. Use the electronics to mark fish, then start where you find them and work your way in or out. OSS or Jared are going this weekend, PM one of them and they'll give you the heads up. I was there last weekend and caught a limit, fishing from 5-18ft deep. Can change day to day, hour to hour right now.

Hope you have a great trip. Perfect time of year to hit the "Show me state's" finest.