Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: ugh!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default ugh!!

well i thought we could get in a few hours of fihsing before everyone got on the lake this morning, all was well till i put the trolling motor in and it wouldn't turn. cable broke somehow, anyway instead of giving up i improvised and tied two pieces of small rope from a marker bouy around the shaft and steered by pulling the ropes. it was very aggravating and once the wind got up it made it even harder so we left early, caught a bunch of white perch, several cats and some crappie, only three were keepers and were released unharmed, water was 81.9 at 630am and 83 at 9. between the wind and the wake from all the skiers it was like being in the ocean, they can have it till maybe next thur. it is very aggravating when your equipment lets you down.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Problems with your boat on the water usually makes for a not-so-good time. If the weather gets cool enough maybe there's still some fishing to be had over the weekend. Those campers take a little longer getting rousted on cold mornings and it's predicted to get kinda cool for the next couple of nights.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I know the feeling well. Same issue just hit me yesterday also. I just decided to make the plunge and go for a Minn Kota Powerdrive V2. I'd been eyeing one for awhile. I wish you the best of luck on getting yours fixed.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Take the plunge and get an I-pilot you won't be sorry

Post Thanks / Like

just ordered my cable from motortechva.com 40.50 to my door, could have been alot worse.