Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Who makes 2-4lb. braided line?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who makes 2-4lb. braided line?

Wanted to try something new. Fish'n in rough conditions.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

I just got some Spiderwire Stealth in 6 lb test (1 lb thickness) and 8 lb test (2lb thickness) Man i love this stuff. It casts like nothing I've ever used before and doesn't twist and get all balled up like mono. I use jig under a slip cork pretty deep and so far the line hasn't gotten hung up on the way thru the cork like mono. and don't even think about breaking it if you get hung up. I had to cut a jig loose yesterday.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I knew a guy who had 4lb braided. He moved so I can't contact him. What he had was about 3000yds spool. It was yellow. I had never seen it before or since, but it fished like a dream.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Post Thanks / Like

the stealth is yellow. check your local Wal-mart. i got mine on clearance last week for 5 bucks for a spool of 150 yards. it was regularly about 15 bucks I think. the stuff ain't chep but I know I won't be respooling anytime soon.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks smedley

Post Thanks / Like

you bet
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Power Pro is the in my opinion the best braid line out there. The smallest they make is 8lb test @ 1 lb diameter. I prefer the 10/2 over all of them. I have had one spool on for year and half, and I fish pretty much every sat and sunday, would fish more but that dang 4 letter word.. called work stops me. Buy yourself a 150 yard spool you will be glad you did.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I've used a lot of different brands of larger line. Just looking for 4lbs or less. I do appreciate the imput. I use 6lb on some rods, but I'd like to get it as small as possible; castability with light tackle, maintains strength, no stretch, low memory, abrasive resistant, and it has excellent knot strenghth. I can't beat in the brush and stumps I fish.

Post Thanks / Like

braided line is listed as 8 lb test (2 lb diameter). so the line is as thick as 2lb test mono.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Your right, but that's about the jist of the similarities. Braided line is highly visible. The smaller the diameter the beter.