Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Washington crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Washington crappie

Hello everybody this is my first time here on the message board and I think its great.. How has the fishing been lately.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman
    Hello everybody this is my first time here on the message board and I think its great.. How has the fishing been lately.
    Hey Bassman. Welcome to the boards. It's nice to see that there are more than two crappie anglers in Washington :D . The crappies are stacking up at Lake Union, putting on the feed bag before the real cold weather hits. They seem to move in right at dusk and bite best from 8pm to 1am before they shut down. Most of the fish I've been catching are coming off of rock bottomed breaklines in at least 15' of water with a deep flat near by. The catfish are still biting at night in the small pond behind Target next to SouthCenter Mall as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to here that .I been getting all the crappie I ve been catching out of a little 9 acre slough. In about 4-9 feet of water
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

Good to here that .I been getting all the crappie I ve been catching out of a little 9 acre slough. In about 4-9 feet of water

A slough? You must live near the Columbia huh? I know there's a ton of crappie in the backwaters near Vancouver.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Welcome Bassman

Welcome to the board Bassman. It's good to have another member on the Washington site. There's a ton of info and other little tidbits floating around. Be sure to tell a friend and let's try to get as many people from the state of Washington as possible to join the fray.
    "GET THE NET!!"

Post Thanks / Like

No its actually a slough (at least the state classifies it as one) off the snoqualmie river.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

Cajun Chris, Ill try to get some new members,but none of the people i know fish for crappie.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

No its actually a slough (at least the state classifies it as one) off the snoqualmie river.
    Oh..Okay lol. There's a website I came across a few years ago created by a local guy that maps out all those sloughs. He had a lot of pictures of bass and crappies (and a few whitefish) that he's pulled out of them. I'll to try to find it again and post a link.

Well I spent about three hours on Lake Union again last night. I was able to get down there right before the sun went down. We had a blast. My girlfriend was killing the crappies. I was spending more time unhooking her fish then I was fishing :D. We caught about 30 smaller crappie and 9 that went 10" - 12". I also landed two largemouths the larger of which weighted 2lb7oz. All of the crappies were caught on an underwater hump using glow jigs. The bass came on 4" lizards carolina rigged and smeared with smelly jelly.
    Last edited by SlabKing; 10-20-2004 at 10:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I went back to the slough and got a couple of 9 inchers last night and one nice perch.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ohop

We hit Ohop this morning and landed 11 nice keepers. Me and Big Mike got there about 7:30 and fished until 11. It was a great morning for fishing, we had the entire lake to ourselves..........

Slab where on Lk. Union do you fish. i.e. where do you park, is there a boat launch or do you fish from the dock. I'm getting off a little early tonight and I might drive up there and get my Pole Jerked a couple of times........
    "GET THE NET!!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast