Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey beagle wheres the Stockton report?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey beagle wheres the Stockton report?

Havent been in about 5 weeks. Aint been seein any reports from that way at all, just wondered how it is:D

Post Thanks / Like

hey hot head guess no one else wants to post, tore the deck out of my boat, been working on that, replacing the old wood, got the carpet yesterday hope to have it installed today or monday, then its back on the water, I although have seen a report newt,alwaysfishing,and buzzy posted a report or two, it's been kinda slow, deep water and brush seem to work the best for them, I went to table not crappie rock and didn't catch any fish, fished deer hole,blue hole, hickory holler,park davis bluff, gamblers gulch cove, nothing. well radioactive caught one bass,4 in one, thats it,

Post Thanks / Like

I've been going once a week but have nothing new to report. Figured everybody already knew that it sucks right now. Havent caught a Crappie in weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

The fish at Stockton have scattered some and we have had to move a lot to catch fish. I am also moving a lot looking at new water to fish so it is all working out. I am targeting brush piles in 25 to 15 foot of water and looking for non marked brush piles as I am moving. A lot of people including me fish the state's marked brush piles and yes they produce fish but the non marked less fished piles produce larger numbers of quality fish. I have been marking brush piles all year on my GPS and now have over 100 marked. I have also spent time putting out my own brush piles and those have paid off for me. I have found that you also have to give them what they want to get bit, some days they want it verticle and sitting still, some days they want it on the drop and some times they want it rising. I have found this to change all in the same day. I am still using minnows and will continue through the end of the month and then start transitioning back to jigs. I for one am ready for cooler temps and a good jig bite.

We are all creatures of habit and sometimes it is the thing that is keeping us from catching fish. Try this next time out if you are not catching fish at the spots you normally do. Get a lake map and look at all the boat launch ramps around the lake and pick one you have never used before and go launch there fishing a new area. I have done this 4 times this year and have had excellent results in doing so.

Post Thanks / Like

nice post tom be glad when I can get back on the water, couple more days and the carpet should be installed, then can hit the ole crappy patch

Post Thanks / Like

Default stk

Nice report pole bender. Went up friday still slow 14 fish 5 keeps 2 of us fishing. Fished about 41/2 hrs. It will get better soon.Lil bass and gills still stealing bait before it gets down.No jig bite all minnows went through 5 doz.Till later ,the best to all.

Post Thanks / Like

bite is slow everywhere. that time of the year.may cool down soon and the bite will get better.

Post Thanks / Like

I figured the heat was probably keepin most people off the water. I have a new job that doesnt allow me as much time to go, but i will try to hit it sometime before too long. Nice report Bender

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    The fish at Stockton have scattered some and we have had to move a lot to catch fish. I am also moving a lot looking at new water to fish so it is all working out. I am targeting brush piles in 25 to 15 foot of water and looking for non marked brush piles as I am moving. A lot of people including me fish the state's marked brush piles and yes they produce fish but the non marked less fished piles produce larger numbers of quality fish. I have been marking brush piles all year on my GPS and now have over 100 marked. I have also spent time putting out my own brush piles and those have paid off for me. I have found that you also have to give them what they want to get bit, some days they want it verticle and sitting still, some days they want it on the drop and some times they want it rising. I have found this to change all in the same day. I am still using minnows and will continue through the end of the month and then start transitioning back to jigs. I for one am ready for cooler temps and a good jig bite.

We are all creatures of habit and sometimes it is the thing that is keeping us from catching fish. Try this next time out if you are not catching fish at the spots you normally do. Get a lake map and look at all the boat launch ramps around the lake and pick one you have never used before and go launch there fishing a new area. I have done this 4 times this year and have had excellent results in doing so.
    Heck of a report bender!!!!! Nice job and thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys just sharing what is working for me, Buzzy, and JLT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast