Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pomme Arm weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pomme Arm weekend

Spend the past couple of day fishing out of Osage Bluffs on the Pomme Arm. Caught some quality fish and had a great time to end the "summer" (my son goes back to school tomorrow, so this trip was to help ease the pain! ). Didn't catch a great number of fish, but did catch several nice keepers, biggest at 12" +/-. Didn't stray too far from the marina as we had never been to this part of the lake before; we were sure surprised how big the lake is compared to the Bucksaw area, we were afraid of getting several miles from the marina and not being able to find our way back. No great pattern or color to speak of, mostly in 14-25 FOW about 12-15 feet deep; best color was prolly red over chartruese. Wished we had a couple more days so we couple explore a little more, some real nice looking areas in this part of the lake, we liked it.

Took a couple of pics to share on the cell phone..........but..........since cell phones don't float, the pics are sitting at the bottom of the lake right now!!! Phone was in shirt pocket.......duma$$ me bent over to untie us from a tree.......cell phone falls in and sinks. I am not what you would call built for swimming so all I could do was watch it and shake my head. Oh well, another funny story to be told in the future I guess.

Good fishing all.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good trip on new water. I hear you on the cell phone. I have a couple phones in the lake around the Bucksaw area.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you fellas had a good trip excludung the phone,i've dropped mine twice but luckily the water was shallow enough for me to reach in and get it.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report and congrats on a good trip with your Son. That is a beautiful part of the lake, I'm a dummy for not getting over there more often.

Post Thanks / Like

good report, too bad you didnt get a call about the time it hit bottom, might have shocked up your limit. nice the lad got to fish before the grind of school.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Kaz, it is really nice over there. I hadn't been to Warsaw for a bunch of years, I didn't even recognize it it has grown so much; used to be just a little spot on the map, dang, now they got a Walmart and everything (not sure that is good or bad). We'll go back for sure, we liked it.

We had lunch at the Smokehouse BBQ joint outside of Warsaw, good grub and very friendly service, I recommend it to anyone in the area. Also, very pleased with the folks at the Osage Bluffs Lodge; they treated us well and were good hosts.

Good fishing.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you and your boy had a nice trip to end his Summer. I'm with Kaz, not agreeing with he's a dummy part, I don't fish that part of the lake nearly enough.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

one good thing about dropn phone in the lake is now if you want to know if the fish are biting just givem a call....