Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trophy Repair

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trophy Repair

Mrs JJ here....was wondering if anyone knows where I can take a fish that has been mounted previously (no it is not my big wall hanger crappie) to get it repaired.

My father did a fair amount of bass fishing along with a lot of crappie fishing and at some point in his life he caught a nice one - what we call green carp in our boat - and had the trophy mounted.

When my father passed away my youngest son asked for this trophy and during a recent move it sustained some fin damage. I'm not sure it can be fixed but I know my son is really disappointed so I thought I would inquiry and thought maybe someone on here can direct me.

In case you don't know, we live in the Springfield area but we are at Clinton most every weekend.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. And please forgive me if this should have been posted on the other page.
    Thanks
    Sue

Post Thanks / Like

It is not exactly down the road from you, but there is a gentleman in Smithville, MO named Don Frank. I had him mount a "first fish" bluegill for me and he was wonderful. From what I understand, he has won some pretty prestigious awards for his mounts.

He was wonderful for me, but I'm certainly not an expert and only have the one experience with him.

I'm not sure if I can post links here (so I won't), but if you Google his name in Smithville you'll see his website.

Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boy I tell you Mrs. JJ

if that mount was drum all I need to know is how big is it, Ron would catch you a new one in the next trip or two, he is the drum king of Truman...
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Bass Pro Shops in Sprinfield has a taxidermist place in the store, most any taxidermist does repair work also. think thier is a taxidermist in Clinton too! If not try Sportsmans in Belton, i know he does repair work.

Post Thanks / Like

This guy did my walleye and did a fantastic job. It's Rattlin Horns Taxidermy and his number is 417-376-2793 He's in Morrisville actually just S. of Bolivar. For the life of me can't remember his name, but a really good guy. I'm betting he could do it.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the response - will definitely have to make a few inquiries.

Post Thanks / Like

Bass pro has their shop in the outlet store to the left as you walk in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pvasst1 View Post
    This guy did my walleye and did a fantastic job. It's Rattlin Horns Taxidermy and his number is 417-376-2793 He's in Morrisville actually just S. of Bolivar. For the life of me can't remember his name , but a really good guy. I'm betting he could do it.
    his name is:

Don Andrews

Going to take it up there tomorrow after work.

Thanks Again
    Sue

Post Thanks / Like

Don Andrews that's it. You will really like him, he's done a deer for my no brother good in law and like I said my walleye.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a retired taxidermist and fin repair is easy and shouldn.t cost you very much. They guysw at Bass Pro should be able to help you.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast