Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville 8/15

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 8/15

Today I got skunked. Man, I stunk it up! I fished the same areas that i hit yesterday. Only caught one dink all day long. Well, since the fish weren't hitting, I decided to head up lake to find my way around. It took me a couple of hours, but I did it. Made it up to the power lines without hitting one stump. Man there are a lot of trees up there. The SI unit worked real well. Marked some obstacles and saved the route. So, I'm going to try it out next week.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Happens to all of us.:rolleyes: Atleast you got to spend some time on the water.:o
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been up that way when i put in at plattsburg catfishing. My question is has anybody ever caught any crappie up that way? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Caught about 7 dinks and 1 nice 15"er under the bridge sunday...pretty slow day,didn't try too many areas...getting really silted in,even saw a jet-ski get bogged down in the mus.

Post Thanks / Like

You at least made progress despite of a bad bite......keep it up and you'll know every stump on that lake.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Thats Ok Alex you got out, Bugs I dont think anyone can remember all the stumps up that way.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apkape View Post
    Today I got skunked. Man, I stunk it up!
    But you looked good doing it!

Post Thanks / Like

Since the lake is a little lower than normal pool level, it made it easier to find the channel(s) and open flats. I did get to a bush of trees a little north of Twin Coves where I could not figure out how to get through. Luckily, I ran into a couple old timers that showed me the way. There's a small channel that cuts diagonally through the trees that gets you to the other side in an open flat. If you're not right up to the trees, you'd never see it. My unit is HB SI. If anyone is interested in the track up there, just PM me your email and I will send it to you. Not sure what my unit’s software is compatible with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mocrappie24 View Post
    I have been up that way when i put in at plattsburg catfishing. My question is has anybody ever caught any crappie up that way? Thanks.
    Last tournament we had, Rodney (brushman) took me up the lake, and we caught some monster crappie up there. But, this past weekend, didn't catch a thing up there. Didn't really try to hard. Hit a couple of spots, but nothing was biting.

Post Thanks / Like

used to be a couple of coves up above the power lines that you could catch them all day long in the spring from. I have not made it past Twin Coves this year but have spent a lot of time between L/R and Twin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast