Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dale hollow lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dale hollow lake

Was wondering if any one could tell me
    a up todate report on the smallmouth
    fishing if it's slow or fair or even a sight to look at

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Goodin ....

Google it up

Lots of sites, fishing reports, etc. ... but, most are "guide" sites or Marina/Lodging facilities sites, so I can't attest to the reality of their "reports".

I would think that it would be slow, right now ... with most action occurring at night, and deep (>25ft). Some sites have water temp charts, so that should tell you something. Don't know if a thermocline sets up in Dale, but that info would also be of great benefit (if you can find it).

Send a PM to Dennis Bowers http://www.crappie.com/crappie/membe...is-bowers.html or check out his web page. I'm sure he'd probably be able to tell you the "latest" info :p .... and he probably knows/talks to the Smallmouth Guides

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Cant speak for Dale Hollow but the bass and crappie on Barren are pretty good right now, late and after dark.
    JuicedUpBaits Owner, Vicious Elite Team Pro Staff, Driftmaster Pro Staff, Backroads outdoors Pro Staff, KeepAlive Tournament Team
    Please visit www.juicedupbaits.com and check us out

Post Thanks / Like

I fished barren two nights ago and cought some decent
    bass but was looking for some good smallies. Thanks crappiepappy
    for dennis name I sent him a pm just waintin for answer.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 08-12-2010 at 07:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Take a trip to Lake Chickamauga in Tennessee.

Or go to Lake Guntersville, in Alabama those two lakes are probably the best Bass lakes in this part of America right now.

Dale Hollow is better now than it was 6 or 7 years ago, due to the regulations.
    I live 10 miles from the 160,000 acre Kentucky Lake, and the 57,000 acre Barkley Lake is within 25 miles of my house. I live 10 miles from 220,000 acres of Water.

I live in an Outdoor Paradise

Post Thanks / Like

I bet i have fished dale hollow 10 times sence i started this post and have cought sevaral smallies but nothing over 4 1/2 lbs. Is there a sertant bait that has a better chance of produeing a big smallie? I use jigs,rattle traps, grubs, drop shot, shakeyhead, paca craws , & tubes.