Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spider rig ??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider rig ??

Thinking bout doing some spidder rigging this Fall and Winter and wanted some pointers on deep water rigging. If yall would please post some pics. on how u rig ur jigs too stay deep and vertical. Also, how do u rig ur cranks to run deep when longlinning. Thanx
    Auburn Tigers " National Champions "

Post Thanks / Like

For Pulling Cranks They Some Times Have Chart On The Back Side The Crank Baits I Use Are The Bandit The 100 Series Runs Like This 15ft Out It Runs 3ft Deep 20ft = 6ft/ 50ft = 9 Deep/ 75ft =10/ 100ft =11/ 150ft =11 1/2 / The 200 Series 20ft = 6 Ft Deep/ 42ft =9/ 58ft =10/ 65ft =11/ 80ft =12/ The 300series Runs Like This 40ft Out 11 To 12 Ft Deep/ 60ft =13/ 100ft =17 To 18 Deep/ Using 10 Lb Test Mono Line This Should Help You Out On The Pulling The C.b. It Will Not Be Cheep Ever Time You Go In A Bait Shop Or Sporting Goods Store You Think Have To 2 Or 3 C. Baits Good Luck
    team member

of the 2011 winners of the c.d.c. lake hartwell fall fest

Post Thanks / Like

For spider riggin all you will need is several poles and a good rod holder.. Hi tec are one of the best along with Driftmaster. As far as depth you will need some egg weights 1/2 - 3/4 oz.. Slip it on your line and tripple run the line through it to keep it in place on the line. Then tie on your jig as far down below it as you want to run. Keep your boat speed slow as .5 mph and you are in business.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx for the input guys, I have had good luck in the past longlinning on Harding,but I have read and heard so much bout spidderigging, I am thinking about giving it a shot when the weather cools down a bit. I was wanting to do it some this Summer, but Geez,it is so darn hot,I can't make myself get out there right now. Plus all those dang wave runners and pleasure boaters running around aimlessly.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, I find using dark colors, such as dark blue mixed with a little green works well in cooler waters. What are ur winter time go to colors?