Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smithville 8/7

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 8/7

It's been over 2 months since I was on the water and it felt great to be back. But, I wish the fishing was a little better. The day started out clear, warm, and a slight breeze from the south. Water temp was 89 and relatively clear. Lake level is back to normal. So, all the tree tops are just over or under the water; watch those props!

Area 1: I fished the trees close to the bank. This area is in about 8-12 feet of water. The trees are pretty tight and tends to hold fish pretty good. But, today they only gave up a few 10 inchers.

Area 2: These trees are in about 4-8 feet of water. The trees are set pretty far apart. Every so often I will get a surprise when one of these trees has a hog sitting in them. Today, not so much. Nothing here.

Area 3: There are a group of trees in about 15-18 of water. I only caught a few fish here. There were a lot of nibbles, but nothing really good to report.

Area 4: The trees in this area are in about 8 feet of water. The spawn held a good number of large fish. I'll hit this place each second or third trip to see what's holding in the trees. Today, there was nothing.

Area 5: There are a lot of trees closely packed in this area. Depth is 15 feet. There were a lot of black crappie here. All were dinks.

Area 6: I tried the brush pile next to the W Bride. I forgot to bring my buoy markers today. So holding over the brush was kind of hard. By this time of the day, the wind started kicking up. I picked up a couple of 10 inchers here.

Area 7: My last spot was the west side bridge pillar. I hit this spot around 11:00 am. By this time, the sun had come out and the shad was a welcomed benefit of the bridge. I didn't catch many crappie, but I landed a lot of white bass.

The best bite was in deeper water today. And, the crappie were holding pretty close to the bottom. I was fishing with black/chart and blue/chart. My brother was fishing with orange/chart and black/silver Gulp Alive Minnows. Best bite was on his Gulp Alive, then orange/chart, and black/chart. Hope you all did better than I did. If you were out today, post a report. I'd like to hear how you all did.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome post,thats about as informative as one gets......good work.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Alex we set on the third pillar from the west Friday granddaughter , son and wife the wife caught three nice whites and we caught a bunch of short crappie. But we had a blast its the best place for kids to have fun and beat the heat. NICE REPORT good to have you back on the water.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

nice report, wish I knew how to transfer my maps to the computer, your reports are awsome. and you caugh fish nice going

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go on your maiden voyage. As always, good to hear your reports.

I picked up some Gulp Alive in MN back in June....been wanting to try them out there. Now may be the time?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    nice report, wish I knew how to transfer my maps to the computer, your reports are awsome. and you caugh fish nice going
    Beagle, if your maps are already on your computer you can print screen and paste it in the paint program. Then, you format the maps however you want. Paint has some basic formatting features, but it works. If your maps are not in your computer, you will need to scan them, then print screen and format.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks apke the maps are on the computer, I will try to fool arround a bit with them and hope I do not mess up to bad, thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    thanks apke the maps are on the computer, I will try to fool arround a bit with them and hope I do not mess up to bad, thanks again
    If you need help, just send me a PM. Remember CDC has a file limit that you can upload (146K). If your file is too big, Paint will allow you to re-size your map. I always save my original maps in Paint, then save the ones I want to load as .jpg.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job and great report. Glad you got some. How did the new boat treat you?
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grb22 View Post
    Great job and great report. Glad you got some. How did the new boat treat you?
    The boat did real well. It's like night and day from my old rig. I really like all the room that the Lowe's have. It makes getting around the boat real nice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast