Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I tried to search the forum for this topic!

Post Thanks / Like

Question I tried to search the forum for this topic!

Was just wondering, since I have not found any pro's or con's about them from personal experence. Does anyone remember the "Banjo Minnow"????? Did they work?? Anyone actually tried them?? Saw an advertisement in a magizine the other day and it was something I had not heard of for years and years. I searched the forum, but could not find a good reference of anyone actually trying one. Was just courious.
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

:D I've got one in my tacklebox. I don't even know how it got there?? Never used it but I have it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I think they worked best for the CEO, Banjo Minnow INc.

My now dec. father-in-law bought some off TV thinking of me. They were nothing special in my view, basicly a bunch of various jigheads w/ assorted
    soft plastics. I still have the whole shebang (complete with Instructional Video) in cold storage. But I didn't fish them much as I felt I already had the same stuff in my box so can't say for a fact.
    Jeff
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Infomercial lures .......

Quote Originally Posted by centerdriver
    Was just wondering, since I have not found any pro's or con's about them from personal experence. Does anyone remember the "Banjo Minnow"????? Did they work?? Anyone actually tried them?? Saw an advertisement in a magizine the other day and it was something I had not heard of for years and years. I searched the forum, but could not find a good reference of anyone actually trying one. Was just courious.
    Yes - I remember it. Yes - they worked. No - I never tried them. They were a overhyped, overpriced, TV infomercial lure that had way too much hardware for my tastes. You probably didn't find any references on the forum .. because there probably aren't any (at least, none I remember) - unless someone posted about them on one of the "state" boards (or somewhere other than the main forums - over the last 5yrs). I think the "Drop Shot" method has just about pushed the "Banjo Minnow system" out of the realm of realistic applications.
    And yes ... I said "yes - they worked" ... but, not really any better than other plastic worm/minnow imitations. The current system is a 158 piece concoction of 24 plastic baits & 134 "other" pieces (hooks, rings, rubberbands, etc) ... all for the "low price" of $40 :rolleyes:
    Thanks, but ............. think I'll spend my hard earned money on something a little more worthy. Just MHO !! .................. cp

Post Thanks / Like

Lets not forget the "flying lure". I had a buddy in college that bought some of those and a fishing pole to go fishing with me. He lost a bait every other cast and ended up breaking his rod and reel and throwing the rest of his flying lure pack in the trash before we left.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pocket Fisherman

The Pocket Fisherman...saved my money to buy one as kid. Now there was a gonafied piece of junk.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I am one of those people who are suckers for new things, but all ways seems to go back to the basics....sinker...hook....minner.
    Was just wondering since this is the first forum dedicated to a single type of fish. Wasn't going to go get any, was just wondering. If they would have worked as advertised.........everyone would be using them huh???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whole heartedly agree....

Quote Originally Posted by jhook
    The Pocket Fisherman...saved my money to buy one as kid. Now there was a gonafied piece of junk.
    But....one day crusing the ebay site, I typed in "pocket fisherman" . You would not believe how many there were for sale and in what conditions. Some were brand new in the box, some missing handles, eyes and such, but they still want a mint for them. Guess it is all nostalgia......or looking for that gag gift to give at the next club meeting.:p

Post Thanks / Like

centerdriver.....My son bought the "Banjo Minnow" a couple years past, and he was using it on schooling bass and was tearing them up, especially on schooling bass. I went with him on Lake Bistineau here in Lousiana the day after he first fished with them and we both limited out on the Banjo. As far as I know, he's still using them. We also found that the "Lil Fishy" would work just as well, schooling or not. Try to get the size that best matches the size of the shad they're feeding on, seems that was the key to the bite. Never tried them on crappie, but I feel like the smaller ones would work on crappie as well. White Bass and stripers like them, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Default light-n -strike

guitly as charged.......seen these things on tv and just had to have them flashing lures. bought the entire set(over 100 bucks)4 of each....4ft diver,20ft diver,rattle trap,and the top water....
    aint caught a fish on any of em yet....the kids like to throw em at night to watch them flash on retrieve.....other than that there useless.IMOH

waiting to see if anyone has tried "THE EVENING SECRET" 200 dollar fishing light?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast