Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question about night fishing Falls or Jordan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about night fishing Falls or Jordan

Wanting to do some evening/night fishing. Anyone have any feedback on the best lake to fish during the evening or night (Falls or Jordan). I'll be fishing out of a 17 foot center console. Also, if anyone is heading that way I would love to meet up with you to learn some more about the lakes and best techniques. If tonight doesn't work I'm willing to go anytime with anyone to learn more about crappie fishing. My mom is on my case to catch her the best tasting fish!

Post Thanks / Like

setdhook

From both lakes you can expect to do well around the bridges. Just put a light out and start around 10 feet deep and go from there. For Jordan lake, If you are going to try around the Rt.64 bridge, I prefer to use the Bbeneezer landing.. and for Falls Lake I Prefer to use the Barton Landing..or Ledgerock If I am going to fish that end of the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto what Redboat said. Remember to be patient, give the bait ball a chance to develope. Good luck and keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the info redboat and ralrazrback

Thanks redboat and ralrazrback, the weather didn't hold up for me so im gonna try again sometime this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice respit from the bakeing sun and heat thats for sure...We will more than likely be out on Falls Thursday night...

Post Thanks / Like

Be prepared for aggravating white perch at Falls. They will drive the crappie away when they get fired up (like a bunch of piranhas)!

Don't forget to take a 5 gallon bucket to throw the little white perch in until they get stiff.

Pour 'em back in before you leave for catfish food. At least they're good for something. :rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

if the perch get too thick, cut the lights for a minute. the bait will freak out and the crappie will chase them back into light!
    God bless America