Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Deepwater Power Lines

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deepwater Power Lines

The Missouri Water Patrol will restrict boating on Truman Lake next week as crews install new power lines across the Deepwater Creek arm of the lake.

A temporary “Boats Keep Out” area will start Aug. 2. Work is expected to be completed by November. The restricted area will be 200 feet on each side of the power line spanning the Deepwater Creek arm.

That area is just east of the Missouri 13 bridge and will be marked with exclusion buoys and floating signs warning boaters to keep out.

A subcontractor will remove existing power lines and disassemble support towers. New towers and power lines will then be installed.

Boats will not be permitted into the restricted area to ensure safety from overhead or floating obstacles

Read more: Power line installation to restrict boating on Truman Lake - KansasCity.com

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

AH OH hope no one had plans for Crappiemasters in Oct. to be fishing up Deepwater creek. I seen all the equipment out there yesterday. They could built a city and float it on top of all that.

Post Thanks / Like

j-15 i bet that will put a kink into some plans for sure,,
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

You could always put in on the other side of the highway. That's what I normally do.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe they are going to be going a ways up the creek also. I think Monty said they were going to have to raise the lake later to even get up to where some of them have to be replaced. So not even sure if they will let anyone 13 hwy bridge and the bridge by Deepwater bluff. Wrong arm of the lake for me in October. I just hope they have no plans for the upper Tebo during Nationals. Or I could be the "Up the creek with out a paddle".

Post Thanks / Like

hey, good. a new place to tie some trot lines to.