Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sweatin' and swearin' on Table Rock

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sweatin' and swearin' on Table Rock

Hit point 13 and Piney Creek this morning about 06:30 and started swearing at all the green carp I was catching. Couldn't keep the danged things away from the minners on the Crappie rigs! Lost count after 20 in the 12 inch range and had a couple of nicer ones that were fooled by a crank bait when they were chasing shad on the surface. Day wasn't a total loss though. Caught only one Crappie, but it was a tad over 15 inches. The sweating part started about 10:00 and got more serious when I loaded the boat Camp Cook and hubby were camped out by the swim beach, so stopped and met them on the way out and gave them the Crappie. It's likely swimming in Lake Crisco about now:D
    I just might take a run down to the Dam in the morning and try for some Smallies and Whites just to break the monotony, 'Course I'll have the long poles hung over the side at the same time:D Locator came back from service last week, but was DOA so back it goes It's amazing how much we come to depend on those things and feel lost without 'em!
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it was a tough day but a 15" crappy will make it better anytime!!!
    Good luck tommorrow and hope your electronics problem gets fixed soon

Post Thanks / Like

good luck radio hope you get into a good mess, go way south of the dam and get into the big fish,.

Post Thanks / Like

good luck radio. hope we get a break in the hot weather soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Make shure you cover the point between dams Greg and I caught a smallie and a small walleye off of it when we fished it about a month a go. Next week you want to get together and I'll show you how and where I troll cranks on Table Rock for the crappie. Let me know and I'll put you in my busy schedule.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive View Post
    Hit point 13 and Piney Creek this morning about 06:30 and started swearing at all the green carp I was catching. Couldn't keep the danged things away from the minners on the Crappie rigs! Lost count after 20 in the 12 inch range and had a couple of nicer ones that were fooled by a crank bait when they were chasing shad on the surface. Day wasn't a total loss though. Caught only one Crappie, but it was a tad over 15 inches. The sweating part started about 10:00 and got more serious when I loaded the boat Camp Cook and hubby were camped out by the swim beach, so stopped and met them on the way out and gave them the Crappie. It's likely swimming in Lake Crisco about now:D
    I just might take a run down to the Dam in the morning and try for some Smallies and Whites just to break the monotony, 'Course I'll have the long poles hung over the side at the same time:D Locator came back from service last week, but was DOA so back it goes It's amazing how much we come to depend on those things and feel lost without 'em!
    Thanks for the Crappie and the information. Tried your spots you told us about under lights. Caught a bunch of shorties and 3 foot gar. (lucky that it snapped the line before got in boat):D Kids had fun and thats what counts.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you and family had an enjoyable camping trip, but it sure was hot! I couldn't believe the window air conditioners I saw in those two tents!
    In the spot I told you about, I've not caught any under 12 inches this year, so surprised you caught the dinks!
    I need to give them a try under lights and see if I can coax a limit out of the Rock that way

Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    Thanks for the Crappie and the information. Tried your spots you told us about under lights. Caught a bunch of shorties and 3 foot gar. (lucky that it snapped the line before got in boat):D Kids had fun and thats what counts.
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

someday I'm gonna' catch a 15in Crappie...
    aim for heaven, and you'll get earth thrown in. Aim for earth and you'll get neither.

Post Thanks / Like

pgottshall head to mississippi or eastern kansas,