Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: swiedish pimple lure help

Post Thanks / Like

Default swiedish pimple lure help

while at the pipe rack, i saw a discounted swiedish pimple that was atleast 20 years old! anyone heard of these? and if you do, can you give some tips?

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have seen them before.....they still make them also. Not sure but I think they are a Walleye lure.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

You are right G3 they are for catching walleye but like most lures will catch other fish as well. I used them for White Bass and Walleye. They kinda look like a CastMaster but have a slight bend to them and are a lot thinner, O ring and a treble hook on the end with a little piece of material for flash. I used them with a short piece of night crawler on one of the hooks on the treble hook, to give them the flavor of some meat. You want to use a good ball bearing swivele in front of it or it will twist your line. It was to have a slow undulating motion in the water to mimic a bait fish. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

We use tiny Swedish pimples to ice fish here in Illinois. We put Wigglers on them and nail the Yellow Bass, Bluegill, and Crappie through the ice. Everyone here uses them.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Another trick with these is to remove the treble hook and tie a 2 to 3 inch dropper line. At the end of the dropper line tie a hook. Tip the single hook with live bait.

I some times tie a small glow bead on the hook line for a little extra attraction. I use year round but was designed for primarily ice fishing. This rig can be super deadly on large yellow perch. I use in sizes from 1/10 oz to 1/2 oz. Smaller the swedish pimple the smaller hook I use as a dropper.

I have caught the following species on them walleye , crappie , perch and channel catfish. One good perch technique with the pimples is to let it hit bottom and stir it up a bit. This creates a little cloud of dust on the bottom. Perch if nearby usually swim over to investigate. Somedays they like a live minnow on the dropper hook other days just a piece of minnow. When they really get picky go to a smaller pimple and tip with waxworm or maggot.

Some of the magazine writers refer to this as a " search " lure. Personally I think they should have called it the " producer ".
    Garminarmin gpsmap 1040 xs networked with Garmin gpsmap 1242 xsv , Panoptix PS 30 and PS 31. Livescope LVS 32

Ice rig Echomap Ultra 106SV with LVS 12 and GT10-IF