Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Top water anyone

Post Thanks / Like

Default Top water anyone

These are a few of my top water flies I have made over the years. Some look really good, to me anyway and some not so good but not bad for not having tied any when I tried some with foam and posts.

Anyone have any suggestions for the colored round bodies? I have tried some with them but leaving them whole simple looks terrible.

As you can see, they are not the easiest to work with and the flies I have made with them need a lot of work. Granted I have improved a lot since making anything with them but I wanted to gather ideas on using them before tying anymore of them.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

fish 4 all ,
    Those flies look like they`ll catch fish, I`ve tried the round poppers too, but as you said they are very difficult to tie , and even tried to "shape " some IE "taper" the plug , but unless they are glued together perfectly it is almost impossible.
    I`ve posted pic`s of my ties before and have pretty well settled in on a consistent tie for bugs .I`ve just recently started tying bead head bugs that sink at a very slow rate. The "poppers" are a modified crease minnow , very easy to tie.
    A few pic`s

Post Thanks / Like

Does that bead head one on the bottom sink?
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Subsurface Bead Head Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by fish_4_all View Post
    Does that bead head one on the bottom sink?
    Yes it does, just started tying them.......... sink rate can be "adjusted" by trimming wing length , wrapping wire on hook while tying.....
    I`ve got them to sink at a very slooooow rate now, just takes some experimenting.....
    I`m a newbie to tying and flyrod fishing so I`m still in the learning stage
    Pat

Ps the fellows in this group are a great help, and will answer all questions

Post Thanks / Like

they look nice