Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Center Consloe Boat Opinions

Opossum Valley Alabama (Only in Walker County will you find a place like this)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Center Consloe Boat Opinions

Alright, me and the kids have outgrown the jon boat. I am looking and doing some research. I would like some good honest feedback please. Ive been looking at the G3 1756CC and the 1860CC. Both boats with the new Yamaha F70. I am not looking for a boat that is very versatile. We fish for crappie, striper and catfish. We are not the types to fish stinkin bas tourneys or anything like that. We are looking for a boat we can use. Also there are some good deals on 09 boats. Thing is they have the feul cell in the back. Does anyone have any experience with boats that have front fuel cells? Please, any feedback or pics of center consloe boats rigged out would be apprciated. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I currently own a War Eagle 2060CC and it works great for me. I have had several other boats, both glass and tin, and this one fit's my style best. It doen's ride near as good as a glass boat but being able to stand up and drive really makes it better on my bad back.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Aluminum boats tend to blow around some in the wind so I prefer fiberglass. But if'n you like aluminum, the 1860 with a 90hp or so on the back is a good un. Don't underpower or barely power the boat, get a motor big enough to push it comfortably and you wont have to run it wide open every time you move. Plus you can ski and tube with the kids. Fuel consumption will be some better too. Slimeys rig looks jam up.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

We fish for crappie and catfish from a 17 and a half foot Crestliner. It has a full windshield (a real plus in cold and/or rain), two live wells, and a Bimini top for shade and sudden rains. We tried several different types of boats and the walleye boats fit us best. G3 makes an excellent boat of this type as does Lund, Tracker, and others. We often run 40 or 50 miles to our honey spots so riding comfort is a big issue. Our boat handles the rough water well altho any chop over about 3 feet get a bit bumpy.

Be sure to buy the largest motor that you boat is certified to use. The large motor will not need to work as hard and when you need the extra power you have it. A friend has a 17 foot Lowe with a 60 HP Yamaha that really struggles with a full load and four persons on board. It will not plane out with five adults although it is rated to carry six.

A good boat can make a good day on the lake a great day. Do Not cut corners cost wise on your boat. The bitterness of poor quality last long after the sweetness of low price is gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Pay close attention to the storage space. Most CC aluminums hace some less than their side console counterparts.

Take a look at:
    PolarKraft - Solid dang boat and heavy built
    War Eagle - Quality build and quick for it's class
    Xpress - Good all around
    G3 - Value price, IMO value built as well, but still a good boat overall, just not in the same class as the prior 3.

You also ought to take a look at some others as well. F&F out of Arkansas builts a dang solid boat and will configure it custom to your specs for less than the War Eagle, PK or Express as I understand it.

Then some are made with Longitudinal stringers for strength - Excel comes to mind.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here's what ya need

I fish for Crappie, Striped bass and Bream and it's perfect with alot of room to roam around the boat to stretch yo legs. Mine's a 18 1/2 footer and has a 96 inch beam. I Spider rig up front with 2 side by side seats. I can pull cranks and it has a bimini top to keep the sun off me. I troill for Stripers on the rez (ross barnett) and it'd be a great boat to run hugs or a trotline with
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great boat, Don. What is it?

Opossum Valley Alabama (Only in Walker County will you find a place like this)
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that is what Im talkin about. is that a glass or alum boat. Honestly Id love to put a remote trolling motor on the thing and i could stand anywhere in the boat and put one kid in front and one in the back and we would be good to go. What about the fuel cell in the front verseas the rear.

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's a Palm Beach

Bay Boat and it's been all the way out past Horn Island in the gulf. That's why I bought it, to go out to the Islands, pull Cranks and Crappie.Striper fish. It only Drifts about 9 inches according the the Manuel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another good thing about it is

there is NO CARPET for me to mess up. I'm real rough on everything and when I get her dirty, I just go to the carwash and hit it with the high pressure hose. It's Fiberglass BTW and with the 125 Merc, I can get her up to about 40 MPH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast