Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: more nice bass pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default more nice bass pics

Well I put a dozen nice bass in the kayak yesterday. 7 smallies and 5 largemouth all about the size as in the pics. A couple different soft plastic combos were working great. 2/0 gamakatsu offset shank worm hook weedless rigged in a 5 inch purple pearl yamasenko with 1/2 inch of the small end removed, they did not want it any longer or any shorter and they would not touch it wacky rigged. Same hook weedless rigged in a 7 inch Berkley Power Shaky Worm in blue fleck with about 2 inches removed. Wacky jig rigged Vicious limit-ator in red shad produced 2 biggest largemouth. Used 1/4 oz jig rigged wacky style in the limit-ator. That wacky jig rigs puts some serious motion on the bait. And the last rig, which I pretty much never see anyone using around here was a size 1 gamakatsu offset shank worm hook, rigged weedless in a 5 inch Berkley Gulp Shaky Worm in green pumpkin. The little twist that makes my rig different is I put a 2 inch drywall screw in the tail end of the worm and skip it way up under docks and pontoons. When it hits the bottom I left it up and let it fall back. The screw in the end of the worm pulls it back or straigt down rather than falling forward toward the end of the dock. Gives my bait more time under the structure and does not seem to bother the fish when they bite.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice.Pull your Kayak around much?
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azslabber View Post
    Very nice.Pull your Kayak around much?
    Actually, they do pull me around quite a bit. Get into a 3 pounder and they "move" the kayak, get into a 5 pounder and they "pull". Kind of nice though as it takes a lot of strain off the line and the drag system.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D