Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody know what a bit bucket really is really?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody know what a bit bucket really is really?

I mean besides me and Shoer.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Lol, ehh, I prolly should not have used that term. What do you think it means? Computer term, equestrian term, hmmm?
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

incognito....... here fishy fishy fishy

Post Thanks / Like

"The bit bucket is jargon for that mysterious place on a computer where lost documents go.

The term was generalized into any place where useless bits go including the trash can or rubbish bin"

That's a good description (I copied from Wikipedia). lol
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The bit bucket was a trash can used to catch bits of paper from paper punches during paper tape reader days. (recycle bin)

Bit bucket is also used too heat or cool horse bits by adding cool or warm water.

Now you know.

I know a lot of nothings.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Cane Pole
    You have got to be the most knowledgeable guy about nothing that I have never seen.
    Be as smart as you can, but it is always better to be wise than to be smart.

Post Thanks / Like

In the early days of programming, (Tubes and Early Transistorized main frames) there were Error messages that went into a series of shift registers. A stack of errors.
    The Software was supposed to look at those errors and do something with them.
    However....if the error got too far down in the stack before the interrupt was sent to the processor, it just got moved further down as more errors were added in on the top.
    FIFO if you please.
    The "Bit Bucket" was that imaginary place where the First error contents went when the dropped out of the bottom of the Stack.
    I just wish I could be better at fishing. Or maybe luckier!:D

Post Thanks / Like

The bit buckit is fast disappearing in the equestrian world. Most horse people today wouldnt know what one is. They're better known in the northern states because their #1 use is just as a container for warm water to warm up bits before bridling a horse. You cold mouth a horse a few times and that sucker will show you how lockjaw goes. You need the jaws of life to pry their teeth apart to get the bit in their mouth. My ol lady used to do the same thing when I was gittin her readied to ride. Stubborn girl, she tried kickin & biting, but I hit her a cpl good licks with my spurs and beat her with my riding crop, followed by hoarse whispering.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by horseshoer View Post
    The bit buckit is fast disappearing in the equestrian world. Most horse people today wouldnt know what one is. They're better known in the northern states because their #1 use is just as a container for warm water to warm up bits before bridling a horse. You cold mouth a horse a few times and that sucker will show you how lockjaw goes. You need the jaws of life to pry their teeth apart to get the bit in their mouth. My ol lady used to do the same thing when I was gittin her readied to ride. Stubborn girl, she tried kickin & biting, but I hit her a cpl good licks with my spurs and beat her with my riding crop, followed by hoarse whispering.
    did she look like she'd been rode hard and put up wet?

old

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=olduckhunter;1195975]did she look like she'd been rode hard and put up wet?

Not sure, she had her back to me. Really no way of knowing, I had my eyes squeezed shut tight & was thinkin of someone else.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast