Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a Tracker Pro Team 175?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone have a Tracker Pro Team 175?

I've been kicking around getting a new boat for a while. I was in Bass Pro the other day and passed by the Tracker 175 and got the idea back in my head - again. If anyone has one of the Tracker 175, I wanted to get your opinion of the boat? Thanks - Alex
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going from glass, to aluminum I think you'll be disapointed with the stability. Unless you go with a 19ft express, you'll get blown all over, and the ride will not be nearly as smooth.

There is no comparison on rough water IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are interested in a Tracker I would look at the Tournament v-18. I have one and the ride is fantastic. They are a v hull but not a deep-v, so the inside layout is like a bass boat, and the front deck is huge. The only Problem with Trackers are the 12 volt system, so trolling motor just cant hang on a windy day. Just my 2 cents

Post Thanks / Like

Tracker still has 2 stroke older tech carb engines for awhile if outright purchase price is a factor. Owners of newer tech engines will argue fuel economy, operating mannerisms, longer warranties, etc. but it's what makes the most sense for an individual that counts. Surprised that a 90 HP rated is a max of 60 on their web site?? Available options look pretty scarce. I'd question a 46# 12V troller and 2 x 4 bank charger specifically as inadequate for how I fish at least. A boat that flies under the radar is what Jack B's friend Josh has, a 186 Stratos, and it can be be a bit more custom equipped. Prices comparing option to option, equipment to equipment is closer than most would think. Wide, stable, and very fishable, have spent a good bit of time in these and thinks its a winner as is its smaller brother the 176. It's glass of course so somewhat different than your question. Good luck in your research.

Post Thanks / Like

Alex, what Kaz just told you is excellent advice. Josh loves his Stratos and we have fished out of it many times. VERY stable, fiahable and with a 90 Merc 2 stroke very economical to run. Had I not bought my Lowe 2 years earlier or known Kaz then, I'd have bought the Stratos in a heartbeat.

Post Thanks / Like

2004 Stratos 275 Pro XL 90hp Mercury, Like New!!

Alex here you go. This is just as good and you could still use your vehicle to pull it too. McFadden Marine is the guys website. He lists new boats weekly. Test drive them on Stockton. Seems like he always has good boats to me?

Or try searching Pro's Choice Marine at Truman. They deal in used boats and move a bunch.

Stay with Fiberglass or go to the V bottom for your style of fishing. Lee

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 185 tracker targa thats 2 years old that I would sell. 115 mercury 4 stroke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeeinMo View Post
    2004 Stratos 275 Pro XL 90hp Mercury, Like New!!

Alex here you go. This is just as good and you could still use your vehicle to pull it too. McFadden Marine is the guys website. He lists new boats weekly. Test drive them on Stockton. Seems like he always has good boats to me?

Or try searching Pro's Choice Marine at Truman. They deal in used boats and move a bunch.

Stay with Fiberglass or go to the V bottom for your style of fishing. Lee
    Lee, I saw this on Craig's List and began drooling. He posted the boat - I think - a week ago.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Alot of great information here, I'd have to ask you what kind of fishing you will be doing. Because of the type of fishing I do I need a fiberglass boat that will take rough water, but if you fish smaller water you may get by with a smaller all. boat Its all about what you need or do.
    Monk

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Tracker PT 185 with a 90 Merc that I purchased new in '03. At the time of purchase I added a SS prop and a 24 volt TM. The 24 volt TM is a must in my book. The ride is not as good as glass, but still pretty darn good for the money.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast