Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weather check before you go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weather check before you go fishing

I wanted to put out a post on how we all check the weather before we go fishing. It's always great to get everyone input on the different ways we do things. I check two websites the National Weather Service and our local station Channel 9. I think the National Weather Service has a pretty accurate forecast. And, I liked the interactive map on Channel 9 to see where and when the storms are going to be. So, what do you guys do to check for the weather?
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Post

I use the Nation weather service also but some other methods if you have a smart phone are checking the weather when your on the water via phone and you can even get set up so if you have Watches or Warnings for a set area they will send your phone a text message or e-mail. I use both and have still got wet.
    Scott Platte City Missouri

Post Thanks / Like

Weather.com for me. It's 50/50 though. If it says no wind for Smithville, there's usually rollers coming down the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

weather underground is pretty good, but like mduncan said they will say light wind and get to stockton and well it is a sail boat lake after all, I also look at ky-3 24/7 weather it's on the antenna, not dish. and I carry a weather radio also

Post Thanks / Like

weather channel at home, Accuweather app on the iphone while on the water, like moriver said you can set it to alert you for whatever you want, i just use the radar mostly but it's saved my butt a few times.
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

I use weather.com and weather underground for online forecasts prior to fishing and hunting trips. I'll try to catch Katie Horner on Channel 5 on TV the day before a trip .
    For hunting , I like weather underground because of the more detailed hour by hour forecasts with wind direction .

Post Thanks / Like

I like weather underground and use the smartphone site with forecast and radar.

Post Thanks / Like

We use the Weather Channel app via BlackBerry pda when we're on the water.... great live radar - gave us enough warning last saturday to get the wife and kids moving and had the boat back on the trailer before all heck broke loose with a storm front that moved through.
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

I use My-Cast weather app on my phone. Its usually pretty accurate, and I can watch live radar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlsiv View Post
    We use the Weather Channel app via BlackBerry pda when we're on the water.... great live radar - gave us enough warning last saturday to get the wife and kids moving and had the boat back on the trailer before all heck broke loose with a storm front that moved through.
    I used mine this morning on the water . I saw storms moving in and checked the radar . They were a ways off on the radar , but the wind kicked up and I decided to bail before they moved in too close. Better safe than sorry .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast