Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Harris chain tomorrow!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Harris chain tomorrow!!

Can anyone give me an idea where to get some bigger crappie? I know they are still sporidac behind the hospital, but where on Harris are they getting them?? Any use trying the canal going to Griffin???? Will give a report tomorrow on how the day went.....just wish I had some direction to go.

Blessed are the cracked for it is they who let in the light!
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Thanks!!

Thanks for all the info and direction!!

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

LOTS OF PEOPLE WILLING TO SHARE ---HUH :rolleyes:
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default Know what you mean.

Sorta feel like the little hen that couldn't get any help with the grain, but everyone wants to eat the bread.
    Well the wife and I did hit 'em hard today. Would have come in earlier, but once you get her on the water and a rod in her hand, you cant quit till the sun goes down........and if it were a tad warmer, she would have had me throw the lights in the water for a while since we were doing good. Wish I had the extra cash to get in the tourny coming up....think i could place and at least win the entry money back. :D
    If anyone is interested drop a line and I'll tell ya where and how they were today, but since there don't seem to be many that fish these waters, I'll make this short.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey centerdriver,

I am not coming down to fish the harris chain until Feb. but my father is down there now fishing. If ya don't mind I would like to tell him some info on where they are at and what is working. When I am down there in Feb I usually fish Dora or Griffen. I always have good luck there and on haines creek. Can't wait to get down there. That is the start of my season. I start out there and work my way up to Tn. Thanks for any info.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wouldn't mind a bit!!!!

Would like to get with him and maybe exchange info. I could show him where I go and he might be able to show me some tips on how to entice them into the cooler:D Send me an email with some contact info and I'll try to get hold of him. I still am not working, and the wife goes with me most the time, but there are days (like today) she is at work and here I sit with a boat right outside, in plain sight, sitting on the trailer all gassed and ready. Need I say more.
    When you get into this area would like to get together and have a meeting of the minds as well. Let me know when.
    Dusty
    P.S. Got enough in the box for a fry if yall interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Going out tomorrow and sunday!

Hey Crappie Ranger!!
    Wife only has tomorrow off and she wants to go fishing. She works sunday and monday, but I will probably go out sunday anyway. If you want, tell your dad if he wants a fishin buddy for sunday, give me a holler. Going to hit the shallows again. Had one bite, had the minner in his mouth but did not get metal. Re-baited and put it right back down in the same spot and he hit again. This time I had him about 4 seconds and he threw the hook. Tried a few other holes in the pads within reach and after about 3 min., put it back in the same spot.....he now resides in the bag for the next fry!:D They are aggressive to hit 3 times in less than 5 min.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Centerdriver,

Sorry just seen your post today. Sat. I have to work (gotta love the auto industry) I tried to call my father but could not get ahold of him. Did you see the PM I left you? I told you he is a hard person to get ahold of. Maybe see you down there Feb. Give ya a holler.

shuorc is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

caught a limit today in Harris, mostly males way back in. 12 before the sun got real bright and 13 after it went down. jigs and small minnows, 3ft deep.
    <*(((((><