Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Slip Cork Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slip Cork Question

Any ideas on what spincast reel works best with slip corks. Have tried both spinning and spincast but the line stop seems to hang less in a old zebco 33 which is perfect for the kids. Here recently it seems the quality of the line stops string or plastic has declined greatly. Does any one have a combo thats holding up after numerous fish? I know I should be tightlining but i'm still five years old at heart and love to see a cork go under !!!!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FISCHER View Post
    Any ideas on what spincast reel works best with slip corks. Have tried both spinning and spincast but the line stop seems to hang less in a old zebco 33 which is perfect for the kids. Here recently it seems the quality of the line stops string or plastic has declined greatly. Does any one have a combo thats holding up after numerous fish? I know I should be tightlining but i'm still five years old at heart and love to see a cork go under !!!!
    I love open faced Shimano reels. Spool with #4 or #6 pound test line. I fish that combo sith a slip float on Ugly Sticks and also B -n-M Poles.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I posted this not long ago on another thread so you may have already seen it but if not..............

"I've been tying my own for a while now with a Du-Bro Bobber Stop Tying Kit like this - http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...14.1096.0.0.0?.

I don't know what the cord is that comes in the kit but the stops hold up for several weeks fishing every day so I'm not having to change them out all the time like I did with the ones you buy that are pre-tied. Plus, the tag-ends don't unravel!

The kit came with 50-yards of line so it will last a long time. Rather than cut the tubes into short pieces with one knot on each piece, I tie 6 or 7 knots on the same tube and leave them on the tube and connected to each other until I use one. That way I can keep re-using the tubes indefinitely and there's a lot less wasted cord. Once you get used to using the tool, it only takes af few seconds to pre-tie each knot.

Another plus is that they don't fade like the "store bought" ones so they remain easy to see. They come in several colors but I got the orange as it seems to be the easiest for most folks to see.

There may be other sites on the Internet that have them cheaper but the page at the link above has links for instructions and a video."

We use open face spinning reels but if you trim the tag ends down to about a half-inch after you've tightened the not up good, they should work well in closed face spinning reels.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I use the rubber bobber stops from Janns and have never had them tangle up on either spiinning or spincast reels.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

I tie my own with a larger dia. mono line than the one spooled to my reel. Has worked for years, and will slide through all my guides. Store bought stops are a little easier to use, but if you learn to tie your own your problems will be solved.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Default Home ties on spinning

I just got a spool of very hi vis dacron fly reel backing line 20 lb. Go to "bobber Stop Knot " on the site animated knots. Work well on open face spinning reel. Illinoisgiller

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is the stop knot I tie out of dental floss.

Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

That knot looks good and real simple to tie. Good illustration Shipahoy 41.