Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any reports from Twain this week?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any reports from Twain this week?

Wife and I fished the weekend at Truman(out of long shoal) and did well except things were slower Monday morning. Father-in-law is down at LOZ now, and says very slow there and dropping the lake. Have not been to MTL yet this year, but looking for a few updates. Kids and I are headed out in a couple of hours to One of these 3 lakes...just have to decide which one! Kind of a spur-of-the-moment thing to fish Thurs/Fri.
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't heard much this week, wonder if this last rain has it on the rise again.

Fished Saturday and caught some fish in the Middle Fork and also had reports of a decent summer pattern bite early in Dry Fork, with things shutting off around 10:00 A.M. I'm sure Amateur Hours didn't help (Memorial Day).... I'm focusing on the creek channels from now through September.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks RteU... We decided to hit Truman again this time, but I'll be in a small crappie tourney at MTL on the 19th (out of Stoutsville) so I've got to get up there sometime in the next week to try and find a pattern.
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

Rlsiv,

Are you fishing the Delta Waterfowl tournament? Was actually going to fish that with my father (father's day present) and my younger brother, but they will both be out of town (soccer tournament).

Sounds like a good group of guys.....if I am over there that weekend, I might swing by to the weigh in, make a donation, and get some grub....might see ya there.

Hoping to get some time on the water between now and then, I'll let ya know what I find (unless I find the biggie's, then you might see me in the tournament).

U

Post Thanks / Like

Well he's off fishing at Truman, and can't answer, yes we will be up there for the Delta event.
    So Please do come by and say Hi.
    The whole family is heading up, the kids and I are gonna hang out and swim while he's fishing in the tournament, then we are fishing as a family on Sunday.
    Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Mark Twain has come back up, was going down, was at 624.96 hit 619.26 now at 620.67 so it's a little over a foot rise

June 3, 2010 - The John Spalding and Indian Creek Beaches will not open this weekend due to high lake levels. Recent precipitation is expected to raise the lake to 621.5 NGVD. Beaches will reopen when lake levels recede to acceptable levels.

The good news is that the weekly routine E. coli sampling for Corps beaches tested well within normal ranges for operation. All samples were well within normal ranges for operation and were approximately 10 E.-coli colonies per 100 milliliters. The EPA’s recommended maximum is 235 E. coli colonies per 100 milliliters of water (235 cfu/100ml) for beaches.
    Hope this helps
    I Don't Know,but I can always use help

Post Thanks / Like

Just to let you know that info came from the US Army Corp of Engineers
    I Don't Know,but I can always use help

Post Thanks / Like

We were there Sunday and Monday and while I didn't fish for crappie very much, what I did was very poor. The cats weren't very good on my setlines either. The lake was dropping 5-6" per day so I'm pretty sure that didn't help at all.

Post Thanks / Like

It will be mid summer before that lake settles down. I keep waiting for those good reports so i can head up that way.

Post Thanks / Like

The good reports are coming LSL........... this is about typical for Twain.

It's tough, but they can be caught.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast