Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ranger pedestals and bases

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ranger pedestals and bases

My pedestals dont fit tight in the bases on my Ranger. Its a '97 model and I'm sure thats part of the problem. I don't like the pedestals anyway because the little button at the bottom to release it from the bases are frozen and they seem to be more trouble than they are worth. My question is would new pedestals fix this or do you think the bases are wallered out or could a guy clean out the bases and put the kind in where you use a pedestal with a 3/4 pin and would the screws hold in the fiberglass? would you have to use anchors if you went this way? Any and all suggestions, advice would be welcome. Thanks, Dexter.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

Dexter, you have a PM

Post Thanks / Like

If it the large hole bases Ranger makes a plastic sleeve that glues into the hole.I just replaced mine for the same problem.You have to dig out the old worn out sleeve and reglue the new one in place.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Should be able to by an adapter to slide in to the existing hole to make it a 3/4" pin style.