Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville 5/15

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 5/15

Danny and I went this am. Fished from 7:30 to about 11:00. Caught fish shallow in the Honker Cove area in the backs of the coves around the willows mostly. Wished we wouldve had some minnows to pitch slip bobs to the bank just to check. The carp are everywhere on the bank. Then we moved out to a spot we like to fish around some small cedars. The coves had nice water and out in the open it was muddy and full of trash. Fished about 7' deep here in about 9' of water. 62* in the coves and 60* in the open. Probally caught 25 to 30 fish but only had 8 keepers. Nothing to brag about, 10 and a halh was the biggest. The fish did bite pretty good though but the rain got steadier and the wind got cooler, time to go. Thanks to everyone that responded to my earlier post.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

At least you got ot Dexter,Which one is honker cove? Is it rock creek
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got out

Post Thanks / Like

first off went to the free ramp up the river which was a waste of time. Chocolate milk, nothing biting 59 * water.
    Pulle dout went to W bridge and paid the $15. Caught lots (20-30) shorts,keepers were two 13 inch crappie, a ten incher (all females) and a five pound channel. Used tubes, fished 1-12 ft water but most were in 2-6ft. Water 60-63* about 1ft clarity around W. Glad to just catch some fish as I thought we might pull a zero!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, looking at a Hot Spot map, I'd say we were in the cove right before you go into Honker Cove on the right. This water had a good color to it. All the fish from here were dark, male and female alike. The fish we caught out in the main lake were normal in colorization. We were across the lake from Rock Creek. I dont know the names of half of them anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

8 keepers doesn't sound to bad to me for your first time out this year.your welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Dexter.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Considering all that was going on with all the rain, rising water and cooler temps, I was suprized how well the fish did bite in such a short time frame. I wont get to go again till next Sunday, all uphill from here. Can you get minners early up there?

Post Thanks / Like

Burtons but i'm not real sure what time he opens
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

hey you got out and caught fish, nice job, whats with the 15 dollars to launch a boat, man that seems high. are the parking lot attendents good looking, do they bring you cold beer or hot chocolate,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast