Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: question on wind and fronts

Post Thanks / Like

Default question on wind and fronts

I took a couple of days off work, but I didn't get to do any fishing. I wound up doing some trailer maintenance and other stuff. When I look at the weather forecast it seems that the wind will be out of the N for the next few days. I am not much of a crappie fisherman, but I have never had great catches when the wind is from the N. What is the consensus here as far as the effect of the N wind? Does the strength of the front make a difference? What about NE vs NW?

Just thought I would get some expert opinions.

Thanks,
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

good question, i have never paied enough attention to how many fish i have caught when the wind is from one direction or the other. i just look to see how bad the wind will be and if its under 10 MPH i know i will enjoy myself not fighting it....lol wish i could be more help but i have no idea.

Post Thanks / Like

If you work hard you can catch fish with a wind from any direction. My thought and time on the water tell me that a n or nw or ne wind make you work even harder. The stronger the front the more it will affect the fish. At the same time, fishing right before the front makes your fishing a little easier it seems.Just my thoughts not facts.
    Outlaw Walleye and Crappie Poles (anglersmidwest.com guides and gear)
    MossBackRack.com
    Jenkins Nissan(813-420-0983)

Post Thanks / Like

what vince said, any day any wind. not all fish feed at the same time, and in the same place, so go lookin arround and I bet you will find fish feeding some where, now having said that, been days I just didn't have the gumption to go look and went home with an empty livewell.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still putting two and two together to try and figure this all out. But, I noticed that the fish were not on the banks yesterday like they were before the rain last weekend. They were in 10' of water and hovering from 4-8'. Didn't get one bite on the bank.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Wind out of the east(fish eat the least)
    Wind out of the west (fish eat the best)
    Wind out of the south (hook in the fishes mouth)
    Wind out of the north frickin forget about it