Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "THIEVES" at cateract!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default "THIEVES" at cateract!!!!!!!

You know its hard enough to be able to afford to enjoy the great outdoors in these economic times... I work really hard and am blessed to be able to have the nice things that I have, and would gladly help anyone out that is in need if they just asked...
    I busted my butt today at work so that I could try to get on the water in between the rain and had an awesome evening with a good friend until I returned to the ramp at cunot to see that someone had stolen the spare tire off of my trailer...wtf.... sorry but im really mad.
    People are judged by character and how I judge, and what I teach my children is that we are only as good as the choices we make when no one else is watching so I guess we all know what kind of character this person has.....

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation aaaaahhhhhhhh

amen man, let it vent .i understand your pain! it takes the work by few to make a bad name for all !!!! sorry for your loss but everything happens for a reason , youll bounce back and just think better your spare tire then your whole trailer or truck ... i know my comments dont make it any easier but it could be worse !!! i fish caddy alot and park at cunot all the time so i think ill put a lock on my spare tire and trailer

Post Thanks / Like

Thats the local Meth Heads, I been hearing that its starting to get bad over there again! The law doesnt patrol over there and D.N.R cant do anything. I guess we'll have to start hiding in the weeds again, wait and watch and take the matters into our own hands and beat those scum bags until their a bubbly mess of Blood and Guts on the pavement!!!!!!!!!! ZERO TOLERANCE
    I still use one rod at a time!!

Post Thanks / Like

It is sad that people are like that. About three weeks ago my brother and dad took my brothers boat out to kokomo res. and my brother got his truck keyed.

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

It is getting so that it is not any fun anymore. What happened at the ramp is happening everywhere. Walmart, grocery store, etc. It is the drugs and the lack of respect that the children of today are being taught or not taught. I now have my concealed weapon permit. I keep it in my truck or boat. Getting to young, 71, to fend off some druggie. The guys I met in KY carry also. To many idiots on the water. I hope I never have to use it. I just like meeting the great people who fish and enjoy sharing with others.

Just venting.

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=chuckauten;1152355]It is getting so that it is not any fun anymore. What happened at the ramp is happening everywhere. Walmart, grocery store, etc. It is the drugs and the lack of respect that the children of today are being taught or not taught. I now have my concealed weapon permit. I keep it in my truck or boat. Getting to young, 71, to fend off some druggie. The guys I met in KY carry also. To many idiots on the water. I hope I never have to use it. I just like meeting the great people who fish and enjoy sharing with others.

72 here with CCP.....why do I carry(truck & boat).....can't run fast anymore.....no cop around when U need one.....wife always with me.....maybe not a good fisherman but I shoot straight...and like U said....hope I never have to use it.....our Founding Fathers were very wise to give this to us....
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER

Post Thanks / Like

Default slept on it....

you all are right.... after cooling down and having a good nights sleep i realize that it could have been worse.. the funny thing is that on mothers day i took my mom and dad to monroe to troll around for some of those stripers and met up with a friend down there and decided to all go in his bigger boat..my mother threw a fit about me leaving my boat on the trailer at the ramp ranting about someone was going to steal it... i told her that she was just being paranoid.....lol the older i get the smarter my parents become.......

yes i will recover and replace the tire.... and yes i will start carrying my springfield 40 with me and hope i dont catch someone messing with ANYONES stuff !!!!!!!
    Last edited by stkoch2; 05-13-2010 at 09:55 AM. Reason: spellng

Post Thanks / Like

I know guys don't like spending the extra money, but it's several instances to friends vehicles at Cunot similar to yours as the reason I won't launch there for any reason. Seen it happen too many other times at the more isolated ramps on other lakes like Monroe and Patoka, too.

I spend the money and buy the season pass and will only launch from the park ramp. Knock on wood I've never had any problem yet. I figure the thieves are too cheap to pay to get in the park to steal when they can pick off vehicles at the Cunot ramp, plus the managers house overlooks the ramp and he can see what is going on from inside. Had several instances in the late fall/winter when we were the only boat launched from there that he'd see us coming in and meet us down there to see if we did any good, so I know they do keep an eye on things that way.

A little extra money spent up front has so far paid off in a lack of headaches and stolen equipment all these years.

-T9

Post Thanks / Like

Well said Team9nine, heard the same thing was going on at Hollandsburg late last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry It happened to me too

I HAD THE SPARE TIRE UNDER MY SILVERADO TAKEN 2 YEARS AGO DIDNT EVEN NOTICE TILL I GOT A FLAT 2 WEEKS LATER. i DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DO IT. I BELIEVE ONLY TAKE WHAT U PAY FOR NOT WHAT U FEEL ENTITLED TOO. ESPICALLY WHEN I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT AGAIN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast