Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to site need help..

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to site need help..

Hey all i am new to this site and had a question for you guys near raccoon lake. I'm not here to rob anyones spot but I've fished raccoon lake quite a few times and never done any good. I'm gettin ready to take the wife out for first time just wondering if anyone had some tips or areas to search. I'd really like her to catch some. Well any help is appreciated. Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

What is your method of fishing- minnows or jigs or??

Post Thanks / Like

Plus- searching "raccoon" finds the reports from the lake seem to show the crappie catching as not so hot.

Post Thanks / Like

I know some locals that have told of good fishing for crappie. I fish with minnows usually on a bobber or long line trolling with curly tail and minnow

Post Thanks / Like

I usually focus on the 36 bridge & North of there, which is all idle zone. LL trolling the riprap on both sides of the bridge, then working the West bank as I move towards Portland Mills. About half way between the 36 bridge & Potland Mills is a small cove in that west bank that is full of standing timber. Once up to Portand Mills area, but before going under the old iron bridge, the creek channel slams the eastern bank where a huge house sits up on the hill. Work in front of that cove and the riprap in that bend. After going North under the old iron bridge it's pretty much raccoon creek after that.
    Like Momma always said, "There ain't nothin' worse than a messy tackle box!"

Post Thanks / Like

Ok another stupid question. I've been on lake Waveland ton of time. Never fished it though are my chances there any better. I wouldn't have a clue where to search there. Thanks for the info bighook.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't fished waveland, some fellas at work had some luck there last year though. They reported lots of underwater vegetation (grass) and shallow areas. One friend said he was trolling the Dam area.
    Like Momma always said, "There ain't nothin' worse than a messy tackle box!"

Post Thanks / Like

I've always heard big cats there by the dam. I've always thought on the northeast side by all those trees in the water would be good but not sure. I love it fish or not

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum Stinkbait444, I have fished both lakes but only Raccoon this year. I have not done well at the Raccoon at all, I was good for a limit everytime I went in the past and this year has been odd to say the least! Waveland just put crappie back in the lake or just added to what they had and that was 3years ago so the numbers may be good now, if the newly added Muskie have eatin everything. The last I heard it was $12.00 to put a boat in. I hear they are catching alot of gills and crappie at the Rockville lake in the town at Rockville. Well good luck, there is alot of good people here on the forum with good info! Panfish16
    I still use one rod at a time!!

Post Thanks / Like

Fish Raccoon creek....once ya get it down theres no where else you will need to fish....been tearing them up all spring. fish the channel and all cover

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast