Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indiana Mountain Lion!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Indiana Mountain Lion!!!!!

DNR confirms Indiana mountain lion sighting.

Watch out if your bank fishing LOL.

Here is a nice picture of a Indiana Mountain Lion.

Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Kansas, and Ohio have all confirmed Mountain Lion in the last few years.

Illinois has confirmed several wild Mountain Lions in the last few years.

Who knows this could be a wild Mountain Lion. The cougar looks wild to me. There is NO collar on it's neck.

Last year the IDNR got several credible cougar sightings in southern and western Indiana. So who knows perhaps there are a few Cougar roaming around Indiana.
    I live 10 miles from the 160,000 acre Kentucky Lake, and the 57,000 acre Barkley Lake is within 25 miles of my house. I live 10 miles from 220,000 acres of Water.

I live in an Outdoor Paradise

Post Thanks / Like

On another Indianapolis news website there is information about this cougar eating deer.

A dead deer was found killed by a cougar in the area that this trail cam photo was taken.
    I live 10 miles from the 160,000 acre Kentucky Lake, and the 57,000 acre Barkley Lake is within 25 miles of my house. I live 10 miles from 220,000 acres of Water.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here are some really good pictures of the Mountain Lion

Post Thanks / Like

There a farm here in Clay county that houses all types of lion and cougar. They take care of alot of unwanted felines. Its in Centerpoint,Ind thats only about 7 miles south of Brazil,Ind. I wonder who is in charge of the inventories, I think you have to have permits to have those animals.
    I still use one rod at a time!!

Post Thanks / Like

There have been numerous sightings in NW Indiana for years, but no photographic confirmations. I've seen large bobcats on my property, but thanks to God, no evidence of a mountain lion or other type of big cat.
    Roaming the banks of the Kankakee River and anywhere else fish might lurk.

Post Thanks / Like

This story and pictures of this mountain lion were on the Indiana DNR website.

Back when I lived in Indiana I talked to wildlife biologist Josh Griffen who used to work at Atterbury FWA.

He told me that the Indiana DNR expects a few wild mountain lions to enter Indiana in the next few years.

He told me that wild Cougar populations have grown a lot recently in the west, so the cougar are moving east looking for new territory.

Illinois has confirmed several wild cougar in the last few years.

So maybe this cougar came from out west or in Illinois.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishers

One night about an hour after dark a large cat crossed I-69 in front of us. It was big, quick, and adjile/graceful. I saw how big this was and thought since there are no cougars in IN, it must be a very large bobcat.

Now I am reconsidering my conclusion, especially when my original thought was cougar. There have been sightings of other interesting animals in IN- glad we have some evidence to share.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.cougarnet.org/missouri12-06.htm

If you read the last paragraph in this article, the DNR says that wild mountain lion have been roaming into several midwest states lately.

Wild mountain lion have roamed into Missouri, Iowa, Illinois and several other midwest states.

And another cool thing is black bear are returning to this area. Michigan, Ohio, and where I live in Kentucky have wild bear populations.

However, I believe a few wild bear have been documented in western Illinois in the last few years.

And a few bear have been documented in the suburbs of Cincinnatti Ohio, just a few miles from the Indiana border.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Lake View Post
    Missouri 12-06

If you read the last paragraph in this article, the DNR says that wild mountain lion have been roaming into several midwest states lately.

Wild mountain lion have roamed into Missouri, Iowa, Illinois and several other midwest states.

And another cool thing is black bear are returning to this area. Michigan, Ohio, and where I live in Kentucky have wild bear populations.

However, I believe a few wild bear have been documented in western Illinois in the last few years.

And a few bear have been documented in the suburbs of Cincinnatti Ohio, just a few miles from the Indiana border.
    I am now convinced I saw a mountain lion in Missouri. Maybe this exact one!

It was probably in '06 I was driving west on 36 in this same area (Livingston Co.) and walking/trotting south along a north & south creek tree line was this long slender animal. It was maybe 2 or 3 hundred yards away when I first saw it and as I drove closer to the tree line we obviously got closer to each other and I couldn't figure out what the heck it was! It had a different walk then a dog and then I saw the long low thick tail! And just as I was close enough to really look hard, I passed over the bridge for the creek and it was behind me and out of sight. If I would had have any thought of it being a big cat I would have stopped or slowed down, but traveling at 65 -70 mph doesn't allow for much time to really look.

When I got out to my daughter's in Lincoln NE. I was telling everyone what I saw. And of course I got all the "you shouldn't smoke crack and drive at the same time" jokes. Ever since that day I knew I saw some kind of big cat. Now I know I'm not crazy.

Also, when I went to Lake Kerr in FLA this past Feb. to go speck fishin' we saw black bear tracks around my friends neighborhood. And one night we mistakenly left the garbage in the back of the truck. The bear woke up the guy sleepin' on the couch just in time to see the bear walking away with the trash bag. Untill then I had no idea black bears were back in FLA.

I only fish The Coon cause that's where I keep my toon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast