Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What are some good crappie fishing places on the Mississippi?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What are some good crappie fishing places on the Mississippi?

Me and my buddy went down to mississipi park to try to catch some Crappie but got nothin, not even a bite. There wasn't much still water places either, all mostly current. Which I don't think crappie like to be in if I'm not mistaken. Same day we tried laffayett bay too to try to see if we can get anything from the shore but it was so to windy. Dose anyone know any good places to fish for crappie on Mississippi? Let me know

Post Thanks / Like

If your shore fishing in the Minneapolis area....try Minnetonka.There are plenty of areas where you can catch a limit of crappies.Try picking up the Twin Cities Fishing Guide to start.Otherwise try fishing Grays Bay on Hiway 101 or Tanager Bay near the railroad trussel.There is a bycycle path you can walk down to get to Tanager.

If your dead set on fishing the Mississippi...try down near Red Wing.There are ample opportunities down there.Or you can try the St.Cloud area by St.Cloud University.
    CrappieMagnet

Post Thanks / Like

Bayoint Park in Red Wing has a nice harbor with lots of fishing potential. Below Red Wing towards Lake City you'll find Colville Park and harbor, another great panfishing area.

Post Thanks / Like

good ideas CT and CM! zheka, if you are at a bait shop, look for sybil smith's shore fishing guide. not only do they tell you the best shore spots and fishing peirs, I drew all the fish illustrations in the fish id section, making it well worth the money to get!
    What is in my bucket today?
    http://mtbucket.blogspot.com/

Rrrrrr...I am on the lake, and thats all the crappies need to know!

Michael Thompson
    Gem Kids Fishing Camp and Club
    www.gemfishing.org

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Thanks abunch guys I'll give those areas a try, the ones that are closer to me. Cuz I think red wing is a long ways from me. But I'll definatly get that Fishing Guide and give Minnetonka's Grey's Bay and Tanager Bay a try. And try again on Laffayett Bay since last time it was way to windy when we got there.