Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 5/6/10 - half day on the water

Post Thanks / Like

Default 5/6/10 - half day on the water

Finally!!!! Didn't arrive until late morning (almost noon). Rained off and on, but clearing was predicted. After putting boat in the water, I immediately head for my Bluegill spot! It paid off! Nice gills. Then tried my luck at the Crappies. I must've caught 60-70 Crappie, but majority were throw-backs Looked like post-spawn as the majority were flat (i.e. no eggs) and lacked some 'meat' ... lol

Anyways, great to get away from work!!! Most of all great to be fishing (horrible weather here NY prevented me from going).

Here's my catch for the day ...

Used 2" slab slayr (red/char/glitter, black/pink - this worked the best, and orange/char). I also tried Bait Butter and Slab Sauce for the first time as well. Crappie were all over the Slab Sauce, but again, no keepers (according to my standards :p).

Until next time....

Vernon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FBM357 View Post
    Finally!!!! Didn't arrive until late morning (almost noon). Rained off and on, but clearing was predicted. After putting boat in the water, I immediately head for my Bluegill spot! It paid off! Nice gills. Then tried my luck at the Crappies. I must've caught 60-70 Crappie, but majority were throw-backs Looked like post-spawn as the majority were flat (i.e. no eggs) and lacked some 'meat' ... lol

Anyways, great to get away from work!!! Most of all great to be fishing (horrible weather here NY prevented me from going).

Here's my catch for the day ...

Used 2" slab slayr (red/char/glitter, black/pink - this worked the best, and orange/char). I also tried Bait Butter and Slab Sauce for the first time as well. Crappie were all over the Slab Sauce, but again, no keepers (according to my standards :p).

Until next time....

Vernon
    Good Job !! Beats work!! Nice looking perch also....

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got out and brought home some fishies!!! Like they say, a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work!

I'm thinking I'll need to be brave (stupid) enough to put up with some awful weather tomorrow so I can get in a little fishing. Seems like weekends have been sucking this spring - with the exception of last Sunday, which totally put egg on the face of every weatherman in the area.

Post Thanks / Like

EddieRod:

Thanks. All of the fish were caught in avg. depth of 6'.

Joe:
    Trust me, I sympathize! Yesterday by no means was a walk in the park! By the time I arrived, rain had stopped and sun was out. On the water less than 20 mins. and the wind picked up. Not necessarily a bad thing, but couldn't drift cause pushed to fast! At one point it calmed but that was purely a physche job as it picked up the remainder of the time spent.

Meanwhile, the delay to fish due to the weather this spring has caused grass, lilly pads etc. to flourish. Gonna be rough within the next month or so.

By the way, fish were caught in Westchester County (about 40 or so miles from the Bronx - YES, there are many places to fish besides Western and Upstate NY - that's for the non-believers :D)

Vern

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't bother. Waaaay too much wind for me. finished up one of my projects in the house instead.

How about all that Mother's Day snow!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joejv4 View Post
    I didn't bother. Waaaay too much wind for me. finished up one of my projects in the house instead.

How about all that Mother's Day snow!!!!
    Snow? ... LOL I watched it on the news!!! It's downright COLD compared to the temps we've experienced last week! Low 40's at night and barely hitting 60 for highs forecasted this week. The wind has been AWFUL!!! Tree branches, once again, have fallen in my neighborhood.

I'd go if it weren't so dang windy! I'll see what the weekend has in store. if it's not windy, don't care too much bout the temps, I'll go fishing. Otherwise, I'm gonna do some stuff around the house.

V