Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: electric fillet knives

Post Thanks / Like

Default electric fillet knives

I have had it with Rapala electric fillet knives. I am on my second one in three years and this one is less than 1 year old. Bad thing is I have 4 sets of blades for it...

What brand electric knife do you all use/recommend ?

Post Thanks / Like

I use the the American Angler from Walmart. You can get two set of blades for it. Been good for me so far. Less that $25.00.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Buy the 2 year warranty on your next Rapala at BP. Exchanged so many they know me by name. At least until you run out of blades.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Black & Decker slim grip. I have cleaned litteraly 1000's of fish with my knife. It is 10 years old I think, at least old enough I don't know how old it is. Aroung 20 bucks if I remember right. They have a web site you can order on. Nothing fancy just real good gear. Its the EK5700 nine inch for 14.99 plus shipping
    Last edited by Braggin Board; 05-02-2010 at 09:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default One thing I learned about mine

It was raining Saturday, and my electric fillet knife runs off of 110 or 12 volt. So the fishing cleaning station was next to the RV and we had the awning down on the RV so I decided to plug it into the RV. Well PW58 was cooking and using alot of power in the RV. I noticed that the knife wasn't cutting as well as it normally did. So I went over and plugged it into the boat and it ran alot better. I ended up cleaning the rest of the fish in the rain next to the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

weve used mr. twister knives for a while now with no problems think you can get them at wal mart.

Post Thanks / Like

Mister twister gets my vote

Post Thanks / Like

My MisterTwister is at least 7 years old, and I just bought another one since my old one is starting to get a little noisey. Easy to find blades for it and I'm experimenting with sharpening them with a round stone. Don't know it it will help though...We'll see.

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Mister Twister hands down!!!! I've cleaned crappie to red fish with them they are great. alot more power than other brands and I've cleaned ALOT of fish with them.
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

weird thing is that these 2 knives did the exact same thing. I don't let them get wet either... The motor is fine but the blades won't vibrate. Going to try the MR Twister or B & D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast