Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any Smithvillie Reports

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Smithvillie Reports

Any Smithville Lake reports? Going this weekend to fish my slip at Little Platte. Anyone having any luck?

Post Thanks / Like

I caught probably 25 black crappie the other day after work on jigs in 8-10' just after the cold front , but they were mostly short fish with only a few keepers . Water temp was 59 degrees.
    They are moving up shallow , so this coming week should be good.

Post Thanks / Like

Water temp was 62 before the cold front when I caught a few Tuesday.

Some friends went on Wednesday on the first of two windy arse days and it was tough...water temp was 59 and the little males everyone had been catching up on the bank were either pushed deeper or had lockjaw.

Try the first break in deeper water off the spawning banks.
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default smithville crappie

hit smithville yesterday evening up in owl creek and two of us caught our limits on minnows fishing about 3 feet deep, and about 10 to 20 feet out from the bank. couldnt get many of them to hit my lures. The bite stopped about an hour after dark set in. They were all black crappie and they were starting to fill with eggs.
    Catch Fish Or Die Old Trying!

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hoping to get out Sunday depending on my son's baseball. I will let you know. Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Friday afternoon up Camp Branch. Started out slow. Right at sunset they seemed to turn on. We caught them right off the bank and at the first drop off thowing jigs. Chart and white seemed to be what they liked best. Ended up with 12 nice fish 10-11" and one 12". Should be good next week.
    Big Red

Post Thanks / Like

I caught about 100 short fish with only 7 keepers this morning . All Black crappie. The males are up shallow. I caught them on jigs in 2-4' next to stumps on sand or gravel banks.
    I left biting fish to seek out keepers . I can't believe how many 8"-8.5" Black Crappie there are in that lake ! Next year should be a better year for keeper Black Crappies . If you can find the White Crappie , they seem to run bigger . i have a few spots I'm going to try this week for Whites.

Post Thanks / Like

Went Saturday morning. First time I'd ever fished Smithville. It appeared to be a little down, as the banks were all muddy and there were a ton of stumps close to the water surface (dangerous for boating). Fishing was moderate at best. Caught a few largemouth with a hula but none were over 13 in. Took home 10 keeper blacks. They were hitting mostly white jigs and minnows.

I'd like to get back out there nesxt time BEFORE the cold front moves through!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I would put a link to Alex's, this thread was last posted on this morning and all the camp chatter pushed it right off the front page.
    I know its a little late for for what you needed the other day.
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/misso...5-1-5-2-a.html
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Storm was mean Sun about1:30
    RHill KCNorth